4

This chapter is my attempt at angst and it's pretty short too

————————————————————————————————-

The clouds a beige seemed to cover the sun. It would've been nice to have sun shining down everywhere, lighten the mood maybe, but nothing could ever make today okay.

Shoto stood in front of the grave, everyone else had left a long time ago. Shoto's fingers traced the name on the grave, Izuku Midoryia. He felt tears prickling down his face. God why now? Why Izuku? Why not him? Shoto would've died if Izuku didn't have to take the blast for him. Izuku would've been here fighting villains making his dreams come true, but instead Shoto was the one to live. He still remembered their last moments together so vividly.

Izuku had taken a blast from a villain attack instead of Shoto. After the hit Shoto took Izuku away from the fighting area to make sure he was okay, but he wasn't. His arm had been completely blown off, he seemed to have multiple injuries from his head, there were other internal injuries too, but Shoto hadn't realized this at the time. Izuku was coughing up blood as Shoto looked at him in shock at all the damage done.

"Hey.. shoto? I don't think I'm going to make it-" Izuku was cut off by him coughing up more blood. Shoto felt tears swelling in his eyes. "Please don't cry, I want to see you smile one last time. I've always loved that smile of yours." Izuku said smiling as tears prickled down his cheeks.

"Please don't die on me, why the hell did you take that attack for me, I can't bear to see you like this..." Shoto said, he couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth, but it didn't matter all that mattered right now was Izuku.

"I would die for you a million times, as long as I got to see that smile one last time. Shoto I love you." Izuku said as he started closing his eyes.

"God dammit! I love you too! Just please don't go..." Shoto cried as Izuku didn't answer him and he never did again.

Shoto stood there in front of Izuku's grave for a long time until he heard a text from his phone, it was from Izuku's Mom. It said that Izuku had something for Shoto in his closet before he died. He sighed. Izuku had loved him for all this time and the only time they ever confessed their feelings was before he died. It was so stupid, all he wanted was Izuku to be right next to him.

An hour later Shoto was knocking on the door of the Midoriya household. Inko answered it.

"Shoto, I'm glad you could come, would you like to stay for dinner?" Inko asked with a small smile.

"No thank you, I'm just here to pick up what you said Izuku left for me." Shoto politely declined. Inko then nodded as she left the door for a moment and then returned with a small box that said Shoto Todoroki on it.

"I don't know what's inside, but I think he would've wanted you to have it, I'm sorry for everything that happened. He really did love you, you know. I just wished that maybe- maybe-" Inko paused as tears were falling down her face. Shoto took the box from her hands silently, but turned before he left.

"I miss him too, but I know that if he was here right now I think he would've said that he'd want you to be happy even though he's gone." Shoto said as he turned down the street and walked to his house.

As Shoto went inside he avoided his sister who seemed like she wanted to talk to him as he immediately went to his room. The box was a normal size, but it was odd for Izuku to have a box with Shoto's name on it. He opened it to find a cd and a note. Shoto opened the note and read it to himself.

Dear Todoroki

I felt like writing you a letter was sincere enough, but I didn't want to say it to you in person either so I made you a recording of me saying how I feel.

Love, Izuku

Shoto looked at the note and then the cd. He was terrified to listen to it. He didn't know how the hell he would be able to handle this, but he had to. He just wanted to listen to Izuku's voice one last time. He played the cd and listened.

     "Hi, Todoroki, this is Izuku Midoryia. I don't know if you'll ever actually get this message since I'm such chicken, but here I go. Um, ha, okay, um do you remember after the sports festival how i was super awkward towards, Well that's when I started liking you and it felt awkward, but soon I just wanted to spend every moment with you, but not like a weird creepy way or anything. Um I remember when you asked me to go to the coffee shop with you that one time I almost died. I know it wasn't official a date, but I was so happy it didn't matter. I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm in love with you. I'm in love in the way that you half smile, I'm in love with your half colored hair, I'm in love with your act about being badass when your actually a cinnamon roll. And even if you never get this, I just needed to get all these feelings off my chest. And even if I only got to see your smile one last time, that'd be enough for me." The recording stopped as Shoto felt his face drenched in tears. He knew he would never move on, but he hoped that wherever Izuku was he was happy.