Working

Good morning. My name is May. My name is from my great grandmother. She was a big part of my family. I'm 22 years old and enjoy literature. My job is in a paper publishing company called Quinoon Papers inc. I never really wanted to work in suck a place. My dream job was to work as an actress on stage, in front of many that would applause me for being me, but that won't happen. Things aren't always going to go well. I decided to take this job and put effort into it. I make enough money to get me food every night.

I walk from the bus to the main entrance. "Hello!" One of my colleagues. "Hey... how are you?" I respond. This was Mary, one of my best and only friends. I don't get the idea of a friend. I get having partners to work with and help get your work done but why someone to just hangout with? I'm not sure. "Are you coming to the Christmas party tonight?" Mary asked. "You didn't answer my question." I answered. "Oh sorry! I'm doing well. Now are you coming to the Christmas party?" She said. "No." I said getting into the elevator. She followed behind me. "Why? It will be so much fun!" Mary insisted. "It's a waste of time I could spend working." I answered.

If I sound completely cold hearted, it's because I'm not enjoying myself currently. As I said before, I want to be an actor. My dream is fantasy and mystical adventure, something that doesn't exist. My work is boring. So why would I spend time at a Christmas party when I could be making more money? Plus, they're over rated.

"Fine, you do you girl!" Mary said getting off the 3rd floor. "Thanks" I answer. I get off at the 5th floor, where I work. I say hello to the people I pass on my way to my desk. I sit down then, I don't remember. What happened? I was just working. What else could I have done? Then...

I wake up.

**writers note** thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this little teaser/ first chapter! Let me know if you want to see more!🖤🖤