21• He Can't Be Dead

AJAX

Knock. Knock.

I knock on the door before me, awaiting either Ethan or Vanessa's answer. I wear a god awful hotel waiter outfit with a rolling tray in front of me. Atop it, breakfast food steams, which I literally stole from the hotel's kitchen.

I'm sneaky, and I'm proud of it.

I smirk as I stare into the hotel room's peephole. I know exactly who is watching me through the small slit.

I wiggle my fingers in a wave. "Rise and shine."

The clicking of the door locks coming undone ricochets off the walls of the empty hallway before the door swings open. Ethan fills the doorway, his gray eyes glimmering when he sees me. I can tell he missed me.

"It's good to see you." Ethan tells me before moving out of the way and letting me inside. He wears his rich outfit for today—a light blue, wool sweater with a collared shirt underneath along with blue slacks and a fancy belt. His hair crashes in waves over his forehead, his gray eyes wide awake.

Vanessa, on the other hand, is not so awake. She still lies in bed, blankets enveloping her slim frame. Her arms rest in a neatly folded position beside her face, reminding me of the way princesses sleep in Disney fairytales.

It's definitely fake. She has to be faking it. Nobody sleeps that pretty.

"Breakfast is served!" I exclaim as I lift the silver lid off a food-filled platter.

Ethan slams the lid back down, his eyes narrowing. "Why are you so loud? Vanessa is still sleeping."

"Nobody sleeps that pretty." I comment, noticing that she is pretending to arouse from her fake slumber.

Ethan glances over at Vanessa right when she opens her sleepy caramel eyes. She blinks a few times, sizing up the situation. Then, she smiles. "Is that bacon I smell?"

I roll my eyes and play along with her facade, or maybe she was really sleeping. I guess the world may never know.

"Come and get it." I inform her, lifting up the lid for a second time.

Ethan glares at me. "What did you really come to tell us?"

"Came to give you your coms." I say as I dig my hand in the inside of my tux. My voice trails off, though, when I catch sight of Vanessa slipping out of bed.

Her curls are a mess, but still flow over her shoulders magically. Her skin looks so lush, hiding underneath a sole article of clothing—a red satin nightgown that barely hides her cleavage and ass.

Ethan punches my shoulder quickly, making pain radiate down my arm. My jaw clenches, and I turn to glare at him. "What was that for?"

"Staring at her with your mouth wide open." He replies shortly.

I can't help but gape at her beauty, even when she takes a plate of food and heads back toward the bed. Her hips sway from side to side, my eyes caught like fish in a net.

I guess I didn't notice how beautiful she was until now... I mean, not beautiful. Maybe, good looking.

"Stop staring." Ethan says through gritted teeth.

"Did you have fun last night?" I gaze at Ethan and back to Vanessa, trying to see if either of them has that after-sex glow.

I doubt there is one, though. Ethan has too many walls built up and Vanessa wouldn't just give herself to anyone, especially someone she doesn't know. She's got more self-respect than that.