One

Regina's P.O.V.:

It's officially the first day of my sophomore year here at Texas A&M University. 8:00 a.m. I turned off my alarm and unlocked my phone.

Rise and Shine sweeties! It's the first day back :) *Tweet*

After scrolling through and checking my notifications, I finally got out of bed. I don't have class until 10:00 a.m. today so I walked into my kitchen to started cooking my breakfast. After eating, I went into my bathroom where I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and fixed my hair. I changed into the outfit I had picked out the night before and slipped my Vans on. I finally got my bag together by slipping my laptop and planner into it. 9:30 a.m. I locked my house and started my car to make the short drive to campus.

"Gina!" I heard a voice yell from behind me. I knew the voice immediately, Jasmine. I turned to be met with a smiling face. "I've missed you so much." She embraced me.
"I missed you girl. I'm so glad you're back!" Jasmine is my best friend here; she spent her summer back home with her parents, working at her dad's business.
"You have no idea how glad I am to be back." She let out a dramatic sigh. "Do we have research together?"
"10:00 a.m.?" Jasmine nodded her head 'yes.' "Looks like it then."
"Yes!" She yelled again in excitement.
"Shut up and come on before we're late." I laughed at her and how easily excited she gets.

Class was short since we just went over the syllabus and general rules. "Wanna go over to the cafe with me?" I asked Jasmine as we left class.
"Of course I do. Do you have any more classes today?"
"Yeah, I have economics at 1:00." I rolled my eyes; economics will be the death of me.
"Omg girl, so do I!"
"So we'll suffer together!" I said too enthusiastically.

Jasmine and I walked over to the cafe to eat and catch each other up on everything that happened over the last few months. Her summer was more eventful than mine to say the less. "I think Myles is going to meet us over here if that's okay with you." Jasmine informed me.
"Yeah that's fine, but only if you'll take my picture real quick?" I gave her a cheesy grin.
"Give me credits and it's a done deal."
I laughed at the grinning girl, "Shut up and take it." I handed my phone to her.

She stood in front of me taking multiple photos, making sure to get all the good angels. "Oh, this is the one, Gina!" She said looking down at my phone screen. As Jasmine came to show me the picture she was talking about, Myles looked over our shoulders.
"Hey girls." He spoke, scaring the two of us and then proceeding to laugh at us. We both rolled our eyes at him. "I wanted y'all to meet someone." We both looked up to see who he was talking about. "This my homeboy Tyrus, he just transferred here from Austin."

The two of us made eye contact. His eyes were a deep brown but beautiful. His hair was short but he was rocking the waves. He was tall and fit. His outfit, simple but stylish. He was... veryy attractive to put it simply. Not too dark but still not a lightskin. He extended his hand out to me, "Tyrus."
I accepted his hand but no words would come out. "This is Regina," Jasmine spoke for me.
"Gina," I paused for a moment. "Everyone calls me Gina."
"Well it's nice to meet you, Gina." I loved the way he said my name; say it more.
"What were you two doing?" Myles asked Jasmine to get a conversation going.
"Gina was making me take her picture." She pretended to be annoyed by rolling her eyes again.
"I wouldn't expect anything less from Regina." Myles played along.
"Can y'all just let a girl live?" I laughed at them. "I have to make this money somehow!"

The four of us continued to talk and laugh together. I got to learn a little bit about Tyrus; he is also a sophomore, majoring in engineering. He is 21 and is a photographer in his spare time. Him and Myles also grew up together.