Chapter 1: The Hero of the Leaf

"You want to believe in Jiraiya Sensei's belief... that's your response." a defeated Nagato said in surprise. Naruto Uzumaki had just defeated Pain and had went to confront the controller of Pain's many bodies, Nagato. Nagato told Naruto about his past... and Naruto had responded.
"You're asking us... to believe in you and simply wait around for you to bring about peace?!" Nagato asked. Naruto stayed silent.
"NO! HOW CAN I BELIEVE JIRAIYA'S WORDS AFTER ALL THIS?! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TRUE PEACE! NO SO LONG AS WE LIVE IN THIS CURSED WORLD!" Nagato yelled. Naruto was holding a book in his hands... Jiraiya's first novel. Tales of a Gutsy Shinobi. Naruto looked up from the book and looked at Nagato.
"In that case... I'll break the curse. If there's such a thing as peace, I'll find it! I'M NOT GIVING UP!" Naruto declared. Nagato gave Naruto a surprised look as he was stunned for a moment.
"You.... That's...." Nagato tried to say. Konan, Nagato's friend and fellow member of the Akatsuki criminal organization turned to look at Nagato in concern.
"Nagato... What's the matter?" Konan asked.
"Those words..." Nagato started to say.
"That's right... they're all from this book. The very first novel Pervy Sage wrote. Pervy Sage was seriously trying to change the world with this book." Naruto replied. Konan and Nagato stayed silent.
"And on the back of the book, he wrote about the disciple that helped provide him with inspiration. It was you... Nagato." Naruto continued. Nagato's eyes widened in surprise.
"But... could this just be coincidence?" Nagato asked as he remembered when Jiraiya was first writing the book.
"And the name of this book's main character is... NARUTO!!" Naruto revealed. Nagato found himself stunned by surprise again. He had read the book in the past... how had he forgotten?
"My name is a precious heirloom from Pervy Sage! I can't just give up and sully my master's gift! I WILL be Hokage! And I will bring peace to The Hidden Rain Village! So please, BELIEVE in me!" Naruto declared.
"Why should I? How can you vow that you will not change? Do you really trust yourself, not to change... no matter how much pain befalls you? Can you guarantee it? Can you yourself trust in that vow?" Nagato asked. Naruto took a few seconds to respond.
"If the main character were to change, it would be a different story... it would become something other than the book our teacher left behind. And the main character wouldn't be Naruto! I can't write novels like master... so... any sequel has to come from the life I live.... which is why no matter how much it hurts... I gotta keep on walking..." Naruto stated. Naruto pointed at himself with his thumb before he continued...
"BECAUSE THAT'S WHO NARUTO IS!" Naruto finished.

Meanwhile,A being between universes was watching the exchange between Naruto and Nagato with great interest

Meanwhile,
A being between universes was watching the exchange between Naruto and Nagato with great interest. When Naruto declared who 'Naruto' was... the being smiled.
"He's the one... he's the one... who can save the other world..." the being stated with a smile.

"I think I shall believe in you... Naruto Uzumaki." Nagato/the being stated in their respective dimensions. Nagato then used the Art of Rinne Rebirth to revive everyone he killed in his attack on the Hidden Leaf Village, and with that final act... Nagato passed away. Naruto had saved the Hidden Leaf Village, and gained the support of Nagato, Konan, and the Hidden Rain Village. Peace seemed to be one step closer....