A Soul in the Void - a Percabeth One Shot

A/N Hey my goats. harry-percy-games here with (ANOTHER FANTASTIC PRODUCT lol jk) another One Shot! should be fun right? I DO NOT OWN ANY OF DIS THAT IM WRITING ABOUT. IT ALL BELONGS TO RICK RIORDAN YOU MAY PROCEED.

Percy POV

"Percy Jackson... You can NOT hide from me forever." The voice called out. The voice obviously belonged to Hades, god of the Underworld. "Annabeth Chase was certainly brave to take the poisoned knife for you. Her efforts will have to be in vain. You have survived long enough, it is your time." He said again, only speaking into my brain. Why he hated me so much, I don't know. All I know is that my Wise Girl was hurt, and I can't save her.

I run through the doors to where she lays and kneel next to her.

"I'll be fine Seaweed Brain. We all know you couldn't win this war without me." she teased.

I smiled in relief. "Now go, I heard Clarisse needed you." Annabeth said. "Why does she need me?" I ask. "No clue, but she said she needed to talk to you." she said again.

"Wow, that's a first. Annabeth without a clue. Everyone mark their calendars!" I teased. "Oh shut up." she joked as I ran out the door.

I found Clarisse by a pile of dust that I had heard used to be a Drakon.

"Hey, its Clarisse. I heard you needed me?" I asked. "Yeah, Prissy. I'm gonna make something very clear. You will treat Annabeth with respect, or you won't be able to treat anybody that way again, because I will cut off your head. K? K."

"Okay then?" I say. "Speak of the devil!" She says, pointing to something behind me. I turn around to see my Wise Girl walking out of the Empire State Building with a big bandage on her arm..

"Annabeth." I say so quietly that nobody bit myself could hear. I smile and start running towards her. She does the same.

"Oh, you fool. I warned you. You should have died when you had the chance. I'm sorry, Percy Jackson, but the future is written. I have to be the reader. I hope you'll forgive me." I hear Hades say again. I shrug it off, until I hear a violent shaking from behind me. The ground was opening up, and the crack in the earth was coming right for me.

I started running with more urgency, and the smile reaches my face. Annabeth must notice my danger, because she does the same.

We get closer.

20 feet away.

15 feet away.

10 feet away.

But when we're 5 feet away, I can't run anymore. The crack opens up in an attempt to swallow me up. I start to fall until my hand is the only thing hanging on.

My Wise Girl is standing over me, and grabs my dangling hand. I can't hold on anymore with my other, so it slips until I'm hanging only from the hand Annabeth is holding.

She starts to cry, and cry, and cry. I feel the energy to lift my spare hand and wipe her tears away.

I don't even try to grab a hold of the ground again.

Death always gets its way. Whether it would take just me, or me and Annabeth, it will still be just as satisfied.

"I can't hold on!" Annabeth says between gasps. She's holding on with both hands, but to no avail. Everyone else was left dealing with excess monsters from the war, so it was just me and her.

I whisper one last time "I love you Annabeth." I hear her say "I love you too." As I reach up and pry her grip from my fingers.

Her face would be the last thing I see, and her voice would be the last thing I hear as I fall into the darkness.