SEVEN

♡ START A WAR, KLERGY ♡

START A WAR, KLERGY

T H A D D E U S

When your parents tell you as a young pup that when you meet your mate you'll love them like no other, they fail to explain just how much. How much you'll love them. How much they'll love you. How much you'll hurt them. How much they'll hurt you.

That's exactly how I feel. I've felt Tiffany kissing someone else. I've now experienced the pain she's been experiencing while I was with Mark. That's not something I've been able to come to terms with. I've hurt her. She's hurt me. Are we even? Or will there be more?

Suddenly, my body grows cold. Shivers ran through my body. I get a bad feeling. The pit in my stomach grows. I frown at the feeling. I cough harshly. I feel something trickle down the side of my mouth. I wipe it away and look. A red liquid glistened in the light.

Blood.

Something’s wrong.

I hear commotion outside in the hallway from my bedroom.

“Jason, we’ve got to go!” I faintly hear Samantha yell for Tiffany’s father.

“What’s wrong?” I hear him reply.

“It’s Tiffany. Something’s happened,” Samantha says.

I freeze. Everything comes together. The coldness, the shivers, and the blood. All signs of a mate dying. I rush out of the room. I follow the sound of Samantha’s voice. I find them, Samantha, Jason, and Seth, in the living.

“What’s going on? I heard the commotion from my bedroom,” I ask.

“Nothing. Everything is fine,” Seth is curt.

Samantha looks at him sternly. She smiles at me.

“Everything is fine, Thaddeus.”

I cough blood again.

“I don’t think so,” I talk through the blood.

“Oh, my Gods,” Samantha gasps in realization. “Let’s go. We’ve got to get Thaddeus to the hospital too.”

Jason wraps his arm around my back. My arm goes around his shoulder.

“We’ll talk about this later, understood?” he whispers.

“Yes, sir,” I reply.