PREFACE

The dim moonlight peaks through the window, washing over messy bedsheets. A ding of some notification snaps Josh's attention to his laptop. Seeing the discord icon Josh stops what he's doing to turn the lights on. Phone abandoned on his bed still open with twitter pulled up he grabs his laptop. Lazily he takes it from the messy desk to his unmade bed. Attempting to multitask he types his his password with one hand as the other is setting his phone aside on the bedside table. Without hesitation his fingers move quickly to respond to the question given. Simply a call pops up, Josh hurriedly putting in his headphones before answering it. The one and only George greets him with a lazy smile. Josh smiles back widely after a quick hello, body easing into a comfort. George lays in his bed on his side, laptop camera only capturing just below his collar bones. Getting comfortable himself Josh lays on his side and looks back at George. Once a few seconds of silence pass George is the first to speak up, voice calm yet awkward.

"How've ya been?" George asks simply, prompting a conversation that's soon to turn to both laughing every other sentence.

"Good, good, an' you?" Josh asks, mind easing down as it finally stops racing with thoughts.

The pair goes on to talk about anything that comes to mind. George attempts to stay quiet as to not wake his roommate but Josh is causing him to struggle. Something about the way Josh looks at him makes George stumble over his words slightly, although he has no idea why. Josh takes much pride in this, he's happy to have some kind of effect on him. Already being around 10:30pm they talk for hours until 2am rolls around. Neither want to leave the call and stop speaking and laughing together. Some nights Josh would give anything to just have them fall asleep during their nightly call. Both know that's not a good idea with shoving their laptops off the bed or other harmful things possibly following. Each night they take as long as possible to say their goodbyes, just wanting the video call to last just that little bit longer.

Josh denies the fact he's not okay with breaking the tradition. George doesn't even notice the lie.

-
tell me if tws are needed
as things progress !!!