Truce...?

I stared at Killua for at least two minutes straight. He looked like a deer in the headlights. It was hard to take him seriously when he had a piece of meat hanging out of his mouth. He had been in the middle of eating when we arrived, I was lucky he didn't spit it out or spew it all over me like Leorio had done. The two other guests of Leorio that I hadn't met simply looked at me.

"Killua! You didn't tell me you knew a girl!" The one sitting beside him asked. When it came to looks, he stole the award of tallest hair from Leorio. This was what a human porcupine looked like. He had dark hair with green running along the ends and it was sticking straight up.

"I...well...it's complicated Gon..." He murmured, trying to finish his bite.

Killua looked at me like I was the assassin in this scenario. I took a deep breath and walked up to him, pushing away any fear I might've felt. He watched me with a discerning eye. Sighing deeply, then I stuck out my hand and said the one word I never thought I'd offer I'd say to this murderer.

"Truce."

Then he actual did retch all the food in his mouth, coughing and wheezing as he tried not to choke. "What?! On what terms?!"

"Your family is insane."

"That's an understatement." He muttered, "But fine. Don't expect this to mean anything though."

The the last new face I hadn't met yet finally spoke up. "Killua, what did you do?" He asked in a calm, composed way. These people seemed way too chill to be friends with Leorio.

"I didn't do anything!"

"You killed my caretakers right in front of me." I replied, sliding into a chair.

"It wasn't my fault they tried to poison me!" Killua defended himself.

I shrugged, not wanting to fight right now. It was a rather tense situation and the atmosphere of despair hung over the table like a cloud. I regretted saying anything. A waitress came over and took our orders.

"Well, you already know Killua...apparently. This kid is Gon and that's Kurapika." Leorio said, clearly feeling rather awkward. 

"Hi!" Gon grinned, waving.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Kurapika politely said with a gently nod of his head.

After a few moments of silence, Gon began pestering everyone with questions. I, however, wasn't feeling very good. My body ached constantly and I was finding it hard to keep my drooping eyelids open. When the food arrived, I pushed it around on my plate, unable to force myself to eat. My insides burned like there was a little ball of fire traveling through my veins.

"...Aisha!" Ronia nudged me, dragging me from my dazed stupor.

"Yes?" I asked, pushing aside my pain.

"Gon asked you a question." Ronia replied, looking me over with a discerning eye.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"It's okay!" The blinding embodiment of energy and optimism said, "How did you meet Killua?"

"I was kidnapped from my home by his brother and taken to live with them." I murmured, too dazed and sleepy to care what came out of my mouth.

"She's had it rough," Ronia rubbed my shoulder's soothingly as I swayed uneasily back and forth. "It was always one thing after another. I never thought it escalate all the way to getting the attention of the Zoldyck's or The Phantom Troupe."

"They can just smell me from a mile away. I must smell like trouble." I muttered.

"Did you say the Phantom Troupe? You met them?" Kurapika's tone melted slowly into one of hatred and wrath. "They harmed an innocent girl such as her...of course they did. Despicable."

I nodded, slumping on top of Ronia's lap. "They're the worst. They almost killed a baby..."

"Aisha? Aisha are you okay?"

Their voice's all seemed to melt together into one as I felt my vision blur. What was so upsetting? I was just going to take a short nap...yeah. A very short...nap.

Killua stared distastefully at the familiar female sitting before him. It wasn't that she was a bad person, or that she was a threat to him. It was that she was so dang annoying! Trouble followed her like Gon followed his father! It was so obnoxious! What made it worse was that whenever he was around her he could sense a different presence, that of his older brother, Illumi. Then, she had the audacity to blame him for her troubles! He didn't like many people, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio were really the only people he considered friends. This little weirdo had no place anywhere near him.

Of course, Gon had no problem with her. The ball of unending optimism and energy sometimes made Killua tired. No one else seemed to have a problem with her, but something about her seemed off to him. An all to familiar feeling orbited her. It made Killua very wary.

So, Killua rarely took his eyes off her during the meal. Aisha had always been quiet, she was quiet by nature and that didn't bother Killua, when she began swaying and nodding off however–Killua finally put two and two together. He wasn't completely sure of the fact, but now that he had a lead he could continue build on it.

He started with scanning the occupancy of the restaurant they were sitting in. To any normal person, nothing was off in the busy establishment. To Killua, a trained assassin, he could spot his younger brother seated off to the side in an instant. What was Kalluto doing here? Alone, no less, the youngest member of the family rarely left home and even when he did–he was always with someone else. The aura that surrounded his younger brother was calm and moved as though nothing was wrong. Kalluto didn't even look like he was observing them, of course, Killua knew better.

He was drawn back to the situation by the table shaking violently. Kurapika was leaning over the table, one hand stretched out to catch Aisha's head before it took an unfortunate dip into her food. The surviving member of the Kurta clan was fast and Ronia was apparently very grateful. Momentarily distracted, Killua almost didn't notice when his younger brother stood up and slipped out the door. Almost.

Killua instantly took off after his younger brother, knowing he had something to do with this. He knew that if he didn't, Gon would find out somehow and get mad at him for not helping. Gon liked helping everyone, no matter how far out of his way he had to go. He was also really good at finding out things that Killua tried to hide from him. It was best at this point to just take out the middle man and head out now.

Kalluto hadn't gone far, apparently waiting just outside in the alleyway for his elder brother. It was hard to hide his glee when the elder brother he admired so came out after him. Simple being noticed by his superior was wonderful. He kept a blank face and refused to give away anything.

"Brother." Kalluto said calmly. "It's nice to see you."

"Just cut the crap," Killua sighed, leaning against the wall, bored with the situation already, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything. It was Illumi. I was only instructed to watch her."

"Are they really still so obsessed with her? Geez, I don't know why you care so much. She's so...fragile. What do we have to do?"

"Illumi wants her back home."

"Is that all? Why don't we all just head over? We'll have another big party."

Kalluto shrugged, secretly very thrilled with the idea of his elder brother coming home again. He composed himself once more and did what the eldest requested of him.

"Illumi asked me to relay a message for him."

The youngest walked up to his elder brother and repeated the phrases he had been told. Killua's body stiffened. His eyes clouding over slightly. Kalluto smiled, knowing that it was working correctly.

"Don't keep your friends waiting...it's rude." He slightly pushed his elder brother back into the restaurant, "I'll be seeing you soon enough."