one shot

"Y'know.. we've been dating for a while. How come we haven't kissed yet?" the Ultimate Lucky Student commented, flipping the page of some random book he grabbed. To be blunt, he wasn't actually reading it. He just wanted to look like he was doing something of importance.

The two students were sitting across each other from a small table in the library, it was their escape for when the cafeteria was too crowded and they needed some one on one time.

"The right opportunity simply has just never came across." The Ultimate Affluent Progeny responded in his usual cold tone, not even attempting to look up from his book.

"Lame!" Naegi shoved his body up and snatched Togami's novel away from him, "Let's do it now!"

Togami's face stiffened in shock, which quickly turned to him rolling his eyes with a scoff. "You sure are desperate, Makoto. Now give me my book back."

"Nope!" Naegi quickly swiped his book underneath him and was determined to not get up from his seat, despite Togami's pleads. "Not until you kiss me."

Togami's mouth twitched at Naegi's disregard for such a piece of literature. His patience sure was being put to the test today. God please save him.

"..Okay, fine. I'll..I'll kiss you."

His face grew hot and eyes flickered everywhere across the room, except for the boy who was patiently waiting for a move.

Naegi took notice of Togami's visibly growing tense body, causing his expression to soften. "You know, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. It's okay if you're not ready yet."

Blush still intact, Togami's face formed into a scowl that anyone would surely shy away from. Except for Naegi. He had his fair share of experience of dealing with Byakuya's temper. "Of course I'm ready for such things! What kind of person do you think I am?"

Although Togami's expression was fierce, Naegi sensed a hint of vulnerability to him. He let out a sigh. He knew asking what was up would get him nowhere, Togami never was one to admit his insecurities.

"You've never kissed anyone before, right? Are you afraid it won't be good enough for me because you always want to be your best?" Naegi gave him a sympathetic look.

Words seemed to linger on Togami's lips but nothing came out; something unheard of from the typically flamboyant heir. "...I suppose that could be one of the reasons."

"Then let me do it myself, dummy." Before Togami could react, Naegi already had pulled him from the collar and lips were smashed together.

Sure it was awkward at first, but the two quickly settled into the kiss, and it turned into something much more soft and delicate.

Togami began to slowly pull away, a small breath exhaling his lips.

His eyes shifted up to Naegi, taking a good look of the person who just took his first kiss.

Makoto Naegi. He wasn't someone he had ever expected to fall in love with, nor was he someone he had ever expected to even give a second look. To most, he was someone who couldn't be described as anything more than average. This was also the case for Byakuya. At first, he couldn't see him as anything more than a commoner that had only been accepted to the academy by pure luck.

And yet, somehow, he managed to prove all of that wrong and stole his heart. The heart of the Ultimate Affluent Progeny and heir of the Togami family line, no less.

Makoto truly did live up to his title as the Ultimate Lucky Student.

Naegi flopping back to his chair snapped him back to reality. "Sooo? How was it?"

Togami, forcing out the most monotone voice he could, "Hmph. It was decent at best." He couldn't help the smirk creeping upon his lips that was just waiting for Naegi's reaction.

"Huh?! Just decent?! That's it, I'm not giving you your precious book back!"

"Do that and I'll cut off your stupid ahoge."

"Nooo!"

this is literally the first fanficiton ive written in years and i wrote it while being depressed af lol!! it sucks but. hey it's nice to get into the habit of writing again