Chapter Three

Back in their motel room, just a few doors down from the hunters, Sam felt like his data just wasn't good enough. They had pages and pages of notes, and it seemed like Syd was on top of it. Fee, on the other hand, was good at other things. Sam sat down at the table and started paging through his own notes, except that he didn't have that many pages. Opening up his laptop, he started research on supernatural cases around the country with the focus on succubus.

Dean and Cas went out for pizza and beers, promising to return without all of it gone.

Jack settled back on one of the beds, arms under his head, gazing up into the rotating ceiling, imagining what Fee was like. Those few minutes with her wasn't enough. In his mind, it was like he started to plan everything out with her, when they might go on a date or what their date might be like. A smile spread across his face at the thought.

"You don't think Fee is the succubus?" Jack asked aloud.

Sam was taken off guard. "Um... what?" His number one argument was that she was a hunter, but perhaps that was the perfect place to hide as a succubus. "What makes you think she's a succubus?"

"I don't think she's a succubus."

"You just said--"

"I meant that-- never mind." Jack closed his eyes.

Sam watched his young friend. "No," he said slowly, "I don't think she's a succubus. Why?"

Jack really didn't want to be a succubus because the last girl he ended up liking was into necromancy and wanted to kill Jack to bring him back to life. A hunter was cool, though.

"Jack?" Sam reminded.

"I think I like her." The smile spread across his face again at the thought. She had those legs that went on for miles, and she had that smile that her nose scrunched. She also had been funny and smart, and she was honest, in a sometimes mean kind of way. Fee kind of reminded him of Daphne. Her voice made him think of rainbows because she just sounded happy.

"Um, okay." Sam turned his full attention to his friend. "You just met her."

"I know." Jack sat up. "But now I can't get her out of my head."

Sam wanted to tell Jack that it was good. He remembered when he felt that way with Jess. He remembered that feeling, and Sam wanted Jack to at least go after it. Sam didn't know enough about Fee to say no, even then Jack needed a chance. "Ask her out."

Jack's eyes grew wide. "How?"

"Ask her tomorrow."

"But, like, how? How do I ask her out?" Jack had seen movies, but he didn't have time to pull together a dancing mop and he certainly didn't like getting tattoos.

Sam chuckled. "You could just say, 'Will you go out on a date with me?'"

"What if she says no?" Jack thought she would've said no.

"It's all part of dating, Jack. Some people will say yes, and some people will say no."

Nodding, Jack took this advice and leaned back on the bed again. Staring at the rotation of the ceiling fan, he tried to pick out the best words. It wasn't that Sam's advice wasn't good, but for a girl-- no-- woman like Fee, Jack felt like he needed to do more.

When Dean and Cas came back with beer and pizza, Fee was still on Jack's mind. However, when Dean got to talking, Jack was very much distracted from Fee. Sometimes she peaked in his mind, but Dean had some crazy stories to tell. Also, the bars weren't closed yet, so he wanted to go out.

"I do not think that it is wise," Cas said, "to go out with a succubus around. She may stalk her victims."

Somehow, Dean wasn't deterred. "Kid, you in?"

It took Jack a second to realize Dean was talking to him. "Um," Fee popped into his mind again, "no. I think I'm good."

Dean was out of people because he fully knew Cas and Sam weren't in for some crazy nights with the a succubus on the loose. This was a small town, and if the succubus was around, they didn't need get ensnared.

In bed, after the lights turned out, Jack slowly went to sleep. His excitement to go hunting was overshadowed by his excitement to see Fee. Nerves gnawed at his stomach at what to say to her. She had to think he was totally dumb after today, but Jack wanted to believe he at least had a chance. He fell asleep thinking of her.