[2]

ii

ii. 3:03 am

"Charlie, we came here so you could dance. that doesn't look like dancing." Theo groaned taking a sip of the alcohol in her hand.

"i can't dance, Theodora. you and i both know that." Theo gave her a glarefor the usage of her full name.

"well, get your ass up, Charlotte. I can teach you."

Theo grabbed her hands and pulled her out to the middle to dance. the dark haired girl started dancing around her and Charlie raised a brow confused.

"um.. i think i'm gonna go to the bathroom." Charlie yelled over the music.

"want me to come with you?" Theo asked. "nah, i'll be alright."

Charlie made her way toward the hall when she noticed a body standing in front of her. "excuse me."

"oh sorry doll. i just couldn't help myself. you looked a little busy with the books over there, so i didn't wanna bother you."

Charlie tried getting around him, but he would step in front of her each direction. "well, that's very nice of you, but i need to use the bathroom."

"you can do that later.. wanna dance?" he asked taking a step forward and she did the opposite, taking a step back.

he laughed at her actions and licked his lips, "i'm Jeremy." she nodded, not really caring. "Charlotte."

"hmm. Charlotte, sounds kind've innocent don't you think. bet you're not though." everything about the conversation made her cringe. "says you and every guy i've ever dated."

"oh. so you're single?" he laughed and placed money on the table asking for two beers.

he began to hand her one and she shook her head, "i don't drink."

"mm. that's weird? then why are you here?" Charlie looked back and pointed to Theo dancing with a girl. "is she gay or somethin?"

"yeah.. what about it?" Charlie said raising her chin. "oh nothin nothin. you know, you still haven't answered my question about you being single."

she crinkled her nose, "i'm not single."

"well, i don't see your boyfriend anywhere.." he winked making her furrow her eyebrows in disgust. "that's because he's in LA."

"LA? i mean... that's kind've far doll.. he could easily be cheating on you, ya know? and you'd never know.."

he was starting to make Charlie nervous. "well, he wouldn't. so, screw off buddy."