Invisible girl

It was a grey, gloomy morning. On that morning it felt like I had sunk into the beige school walls. I became invisible and forgotten. 

You stood there with your brown puppy-dog eyes glistening with happiness. Your chestnut hair fell just above your eyebrows, as usual. You were laughing, showing flashes of your perfect smile. You seemed a lot happier than you were when it was me standing next to you. You seemed happier without me. 

I still remember our first date, we laughed with the stars and danced in the dim moonlight. When my sparkling eyes met yours I felt my stomach burst with pure joy and my heart thumped in my chest like a stampede of elephants. 

But soon enough things changed. You became tired of the stars and the moon, you started begging for some sunlight because you couldn't handle the darkness anymore. I told you that stars couldn't shine without the darkness, but you didn't listen. 

Soon enough you replaced me with a little ray of sunshine and it seems as though she is the light of your life and I was just pushed to the background like the faint glimmer of a faraway star. 

It's sad when the people who gave you the best memories become just a memory.