One: The Rejection

"Miraculous Ladybug!" Ladybug launched her Lucky Charm into the sky, watching it explode into the magical ladybug, which restored the damage done by the akuma. She felt a hand on her shoulder, and she whipped around with lightning-fast reflexes, catching the person in an armlock.

"Whoa! Easy there Bugaboo. Just me, Chat." He chuckled at her quick defence. "Although I do have to say, great reflexes." Ladybug smiled, punching him affectionately on the shoulder. Chat put on a fake pout and clutched his shoulder, pretending to be hurt.

"M'Lady, I'm wounded. Why would you ever harm this sweet stray?" His usual overdramatic displays were nothing out of the ordinary, as Chat Noir would usually do this after an attack.

*Beep Beep!*

Ladybug glanced at her earrings, watching the first black spot blink out.

"Well, that's my cue, Kitty. Bug out!" She hoisted her arm back, preparing to swing her yo-yo, when an arm pulled her back.

"Chat, what's wrong? I'm going to detransform soon, I have to go." She turned and faced the black cat, who was holding tightly onto her. He looked at her with a pleading expression.

"Please, Ladybug. I need to know who you really are. I love you with all my heart, please M'Lady, I swear to not tell!" Ladybug shifted her gaze away from the begging cat.

"I'm sorry Chat, for the last time, we can't know who the other is in civilian form. If one of us gets akumatised, it could compromise our and each other's safet-"

*Beep Beep!*

The second spot blinked out, and Ladybug sighed.

"Besides, I can't. I... I love another guy. So Chat, please let go of me. I need to leave now."

Reluctantly, Chat let go of her arm, missing the moment when she left. His legs failed him, and he dropped to his knees. A glistening teardrop dropped down onto his suit, shining against the black leather. His heart was shattered by her response, even though he had heard it a million times.

"I can't. I... I love another guy." Ladybug's words burned scars into his soul, etching her true and only feelings for him. Chat was so distracted with thinking about his lost love that he didn't notice a dark purple butterfly land in his ring.

Chat Blanc, I am Hawkmoth. Your heart has been ripped to shreds too many times for your fragile soul, breaking it into tiny pieces that can never be put back together. Join me on my conquest for power, and we can rule Paris and the world!

"You got it, Hawky." He let himself be engulfed in the purple darkness, let himself be transformed into Chat Blanc.