Chapter 49

Word count: 3047

Finn

I waited to feel the sting.

Waited for the bullet to shoot straight through me.

But I could hear screaming in the distance.

My eyes were squeezed shut, Lenore's face flashed in my mind.

But it never came.

The bullet never hit.

And instead, something warm engulfed me suddenly, which sent me stumbling backwards.

I waited for a second.

And another.

I was confused when I didn't feel anything.

My eyes flashed open to find Lenore.

Her legs were locked around my waist, arms over my neck.

I was completely shocked.

She's here.

She's actually here.

"Len," I whispered, not understanding if I was dreaming or not.

She nodded, face buried in my neck.

I didn't even need to think twice as my arms clasped around her, holding onto her tightly.

Then she pulled her face away from my neck, so I could see her beautiful face. "Hey, you're okay. God, you're okay," she cried out while framing my face in her hands.

And in a second, she had kissed me.

I was too stunned to react, but didn't even think twice as I kissed her back.

The moment our lips touched, I could feel my heart melt at the feeling.

Then she pulled back, before placing kisses all over my face. "Gosh, you're okay. You're perfectly fine! Thank god."

I gave the most tightest smile I could ever muster, holding her tightly against me. "You came."

"I did." She nodded repeatedly, tears falling from her eyes, spilling down her cheeks. "Fućk, damn right I did."

"Even after everything I did, you still came for me," I whispered to her, hugging her tighter. "Shit. I thought you were dead."

Lenore raised an eyebrow, confusion plastering all over her face. "What? Finn, why would you think that?"

My eyebrows knitted together. "Because that's what Samuel told me. He told me that you hadn't made it and the baby—"

"Is fine. The baby is perfectly fine. He is going to be alright," she whispered, grabbing my hand and placing it on her stomach. "Our baby is fine."

"Our baby is okay? He is okay?" I questioned, my voice shaking slightly.

And I didn't need an answer when I felt a little kick.

"He is perfect," she murmured, rubbing my hand on her belly.

Then a voice shouted, "Alright, this is sweet and all, but we are in the middle of an execution."

I let out a low growl before setting Lenore down, even if she hesitated to let go of me.

She still stood in front of me, blocking me from everyone's view, from danger.

"Len," I whispered, not knowing what to do.

She glanced behind, before grabbing my hand in a tight hold. "Just shut up for a second and let me take care of this, baby, while you just stand there and look pretty."