Letting go

Letting go, a simple phrase that is thrown about too often.
Letting go is not as easy as it sounds. It is not like closing a book or locking your phone, it is much much more complicated than that. Letting go is like when you drop a glass vase and it shatters to pieces around your feet. Yes you may be able to sweep or vacuum it away, but there are still tiny pieces that not even you can see.
Now, you may think that all the glass is gone and you are now safe to walk around that room with bare feet and carelessness.
But little do you know that there are still tiny fragments left on that ground. And one day, when you're walking through that room
That day a tiny little shard will prick at your vulnerable feet and cause a sharp pain
The feeling may be small and all you do is pick the glass out and put it in the bin and walk away... however
There are some people who's skin begins to bleed and their eyes begin to water and before you know it this little shard of glass has caused a whole entire  breakdown and boom there it goes you start thinking about the day you dropped the vase and how much you loved the vase and how much you miss that vase and - oh you get the point.
Now imagine that vase being your heart, and the person who dropped it is the person you miss. Now what you're trying to do is put your broken heart back together, but guess what? You can't.
Because you are not the person who broke it and no matter how many times you try to piece it all together the only person who knows where each little jigsaw piece goes is them.
No matter how hard you try you will not be able to make it whole again, but does that mean you should give up?
No.
You could now maybe hoover and sweep it and clean it and look closely to make sure you pick every piece of your heart up, and when you have you may think to yourself. Why should I keep these pieces?
If I don't know how to make this heart whole then what is the point?
Now look at it from a different perspective. You have a glass in your hands. It's dangerous yes, but maybe you could make it into something else. Find someone who thinks differently and maybe they could piece it together to make not a vase but a beautiful mosaic bowl.

Letting go is not about finding who you were before the breakup or the loss.
Letting go is finding your new self who has formed in this beautiful accident.
Don't let them define who you have to be.