The Robin of Pride

A Robin sat in her tree, her children had grown up and flown the nest long ago. Pause

She wondered if she would be remembered.

She flew down to Cat.

"Cat, will I be remembered?"

Adopt pompous attitude

"Well, I will be remembered. I stalk the night, I hunt the most rats. I'm the most beautiful creature in the woods."

Robin sighed. Sigh

"You're just vain and boastful."

Robin flew across to Brown Bat, who was asleep in a tree, and waited for him to awaken.

"Bat, will I be remembered?" Bat Yawned long and hard. Long yawn, adopt a sleepy attitude.

"I don't have time for this, I'm too tired. I need to rest so I'm rested enough to enjoy my rest."

"You're just lazy." Robin sighed. Sigh.

Robin flew over to find Caterpillar and found they were now a Butterfly. Scream

"AGH don't eat me!"

"I won't eat you. Butterfly, will I be remembered?"

Adopt flippant attitude

"I don't know you," said Butterfly. Robin was confused.

"I gave you shade and water when you were a caterpillar and I protected you in your cocoon."

Laugh nervously

"Haha. Don't be silly. I was never a caterpillar. I've always been a beautiful butterfly!"

Robin sighed. Sigh

"You shouldn't be ashamed of who you were, it helped make you who you are.

Robin would've asked Lemur, but last time they spoke Lemur was very demeaning and said some things that I couldn't possibly repeat in polite company. She didn't want to be made to feel bad about herself.

Robin Sighed once more.

She was considering giving up asking when Eagle came down from the mountains.

"Don't worry my little friend. Do you want to be remembered?

Think of your children who will carry your lessons with them.

Think of your nest that you built yourself, it will last a long time.

Think of your song, it reverberates through the trees and inspires others.

You are a humble, hardworking and virtuous Robin.

I am proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself.

Pride is a virtue, if you are pure of heart." Robin sighed, content.