too early

*Lauren's POV*

BEEP.BEEP.BEEP. Almost stabbing the alarm clock with my hand I groan as I get out of bed reluctantly and get ready for the first day of Camp of The Bands . I do all my morning rituals then slip in my black skinny jeans , wear a red crop top and cover it with a white , black and red flannel shirt . I pick up my bags that were ready since last night , grab my phone and black beanie then head down to have breakfast where my mum was almost done and ready to go .

I get in the car's passenger seat after eating my breakfast " Are you all set ? Do you have everything ? " my mum asked as she buckled her seat belt in the driver's seat , " yes mum , all done and ready " I say , giving her a thumbs up . I put my headphones in and lean my head against the window as " Do I Wanna Know " by the artic monkeys starts playing . This is the third time Ive been to this summer camp , and I've made friends since the first time I joined when I was only 12 ; Ally , Dinah & Normani . We've all been in the same group and cabin for 3 years now , Perri was also part of the group but she got suspended ,for good ,due to the amount of times she broke the rules so this year we are going to have a new kid in our group .

Fitness is a big deal in this camp too which makes it fun , even though many girls complain about it , I love the climbing course , morning runs and usual fitness activities that we are scheduled to do. It makes me miss softball a little less considering I've chosen this summer camp instead of the yearly soft ball summer camp.

The vast forest that i happen to be very familiar with due to everyday morning runs in summer camp comes in sight , i sigh as i mentally prepare myself to socialize with everyone else and the endless repetitive conversations about how the past school year was .

Opening the door as the car slowly comes to a stop by the wooden gates that are completely surrounded by never ending green , I step out and breathe in the air surrounding me free of the usual toxic waste and car engine smell , I turn around and swing my camp back on my left shoulder , " Bye mom ! " I say waving to her , she leaned over the hand rest and blew me a kiss .

I started walking down the path that goes through the big gates into campus as I I heard the car engine slowly fade into the background . All the wooden benches came into view , and soon so did our cabins . I looked at our usual cabin and a smile took over my face when I saw my friends sitting on the benches right across our cabin .

Normani , who was leaning over the table whispering into Dinah's ear who was sitting on the other side of the bench spotted me and waved enthusiastically over at me "LAURENN!" she screamed , I started running to her till something hit me and I fell to the floor .. Ouch.

I grunted as I opened my eyes only for my breath to hitch in my throat , staring right into my eyes were big brown eyes that seemed very .. Flustered ? " uhh ", the girl on top of me rasps as I feel her start to shift on top of my body , after a few amusing failed attempts at getting up she finally stands on her feet , and offers me a hand , I take it my senses more articulate than usual , as I get up I take in her appearance , she was donned in black daisy dukes , and a white Ed Sheeran shirt , her hair was in a high bun and she wore .. Flip flops .. Very weird choice of shoes .. " I'm sorry I was just going to get my stuff from the counsellor when I kind of uh I don't know sorry I wasn't lo- , my name is Camila . " she paused mid ramble and introduced herself with a big smile , a bit too bright for an early morning and a bit too pretty .

" pretty name for a pretty girl , " I say , chuckling nervously , ugh what did I just say , I smack myself mentally , " my name is - " I finish before normani wraps her arm around my shoulder " Lauren " she breathes out unevenly ,and unknowingly finishes my sentence . She eyes me and Camila before pointing between the both of us , " so I see you've met our new group member , " she says , with a smile , a rock back on my heels slightly nervous about the fact that I'll be spending almost 8 weeks with this pretty little lady right in front me .