Chapter 1

He lie there on the floor, bleeding from his wrists, no expression on his face. He was silent, but still alive. He breathed normally. It had to be done. He had even done his father a favor and did it on the tile floor of the kitchen so that they could clean the blood up easily. His father wasn't home yet. His brothers were asleep. He was going to leave quietly. It didn't hurt as much as he thought it would.
    People die. Every day. It didn't matter. People's lives would be better without him. They had said it themselves. But that didn't mater. They may even celebrate the fact that he was gone. He did leave a note, though. He couldn't just let everyone say he was just a coward, after all. It was for the good. He had done his best not to let anyone care about him. He may have failed in a few cases, but not many. His father wouldn't care that he was dead. He would just be angry. One less person to do all the chores.
    He looked up on the counter at a digital clock. 2:37 AM. His father would be home soon. He looked at the blood leaving his wrists. He was growing colder by the minute. He hoped he would die before his father came.
    As if on cue, his father walked through the front door. The boy sighed and yelled.
    "FUCK! Why did you have to come home... why couldn't you just stay... away..." he was growing tired. He just wanted to sleep. That must mean it was finally happening. He would finally make somebody's life better. He smiled just before closing his eyes and finally falling under.