Chapter Two-Welcome to New Roommates

'Okay, you got this Cady'

Cady was standing outside NSPA with her brother, clutching her suitcase so hard that her knuckles were white. It was Sunday, August 26, the first day of school.

Northshore Preparatory Academy is a big school.

A really really big school.

In Africa, everything was small, her tent, her group of friends. This was almost too much.

"Hold up, you're going to Northshore Prep?" Jaxson asked from behind her. She slapped him on the shoulder, "Did you not listen to anything mom told you?"

He groaned, "My ex-girlfriend goes here, god."

"if you talk about Reginald one more time, I will slap you."

"Well it would be better than the time you rickrolled me claiming you had a Hamilton bootleg yesterday"

Cady laughed to herself remembering her small accomplishment ,but went back to being nervous. Jax noticed her heavy breathing and look of fear and kneeled down, looking at her like she was 5.

"Caddie, it's gonna be alright okay? Just act like this was the time when you tackled that Zebra okay? It's fine. Everything is gonna be fine." He talked to her like a child.

Cady nodded and she and Jax walked into the school.

"Juniors! Juniors over here!" A woman with blonde hair and glasses called, fixing her eyes on Cady. Cady shyly walked up to the desk. "Hi! I'm Miss. Heiny! I'm the school counselor. First and last name please?" She said with this intense stare.

"Cady Heron."

"Well, Cady! Here is your schedule, dorm key, uniform, and school rulebook!" She smiled, placing a basket with all the items in Cady's hands. "And remember, you never need more at The Shore!"

"Uhh, thanks?" Cady quickly shuffled back to her brother. "Okay Caddie, I'm taking you to your dorm then I'm gonna go okay?" He said, holding a giant map of the school. The left the main building and walked over to the girls' dormitory building.

They reached the dorm, 384, and stopped. "Okay little red, I'm gonna go now. You got this?" Jaxson asked. "Yeah...bye!" Cady smiled as Jaxson walked away. "Bye dork! I'm leaving you now because I'm a terrible brother!" he said as he ran off.

That was it, Cady was alone in the wild now.

She opened the door expecting it to be basic and empty, but instead, it was huge. Cady walked around, spotting a area with couches and a TV, plus a hallway with 3 doors.

"So like...did you forget that you're at a school for rich kids or what?"

"AH!" Cady jumped and turned around. A girl was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. She had on black shorts, a tee-shirt with a band Cady didn't know on it, and a heavy-looking green jacket tied around her waist.

"Dude, you were looking around like you were in some place fancy" She chuckled. her hair was a dark brown with bleach blonde tips, and she had these giant dark brown eyes that Cady could just stare at for hours.

But then it hit Cady. This was the girl she saw outside Jax's apartment building. "Hello? Earth to cute redhead!" She waved a hand over Cady's face. "Uhh, I...um what?"

"Janis, stop scaring the new kid!" Another voice, a boy "Fine, I'll start over." the girl-Janis-said. "Hi, I'm Janis."

"Et je m'appelle Lady Gaga" The boy said, trying to do a hair flip. "That's Damian, he's almost to gay to function."