I am yours and you are mine

"Please Hanji..." Levi said looking at her.

"Tell me something Levi. Why...why did you push me away?" Hanji asked.

Levi wiped her tears away.

"I wanted to give you a better life, a chance to have a good life with money," he said.

"A life I cannot give you."

"What?" Hanji replied.

"What brought that up?"

Levi sighed and looked down.

"I overheard some people talking, saying you came from a wealthy family, they could get you any man you'd ever want, that I was just a lowly criminal," he said.

"You deserve better than me Hanji."

Hanji tilted his head up. Then flicked his forehead.

"The hell was that for?!" Levi asked.

"Because you are a complete idiot!" Hanji replied.

"Can't you see that I don't care? That the only man I have eyes for, is you?"

Levi looked at her, a small smile on his lips. He pulled Hanji closer, gently embracing her. Hanji sighed, feeling some relief knowing Levi wanted her and that he was sorry for what he had done. Levi pushed her back and looked at her. He then gave her a light smack on the side of her head.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING BEING SO RECKLESS AND ALMOST DYING ON THAT EXPEDITION YOU COMPLETE IDIOT!" Levi said.

"Heh...My bad?" Hanji replied.

"YES, YOU STUPID IDIOTIC FOUR-EYES," Levi said.

"DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN."

He held her as close as he could.

"I can't lose you Hanji," Levi said.

He looked at her and Hanji was surprised to see that there were tears in his eyes.

"Hey, I'm right here Levi," Hanji said softly.

She put his hand on her chest so he could feel her heartbeat.

"See? I'm alive and well," Hanji said.

"You don't understand..." Levi replied.

"When I found you, you weren't breathing."

Hanji looked at him.

"You were severely injured, covered in blood, your pulse was hardly there...I tried to revive you but it didn't work," Levi said.

"I wasn't ready to say goodbye, but it was something I was staring right at. Your motionless body, cold to the touch... Imagine how I felt seeing you like that..."

Hanji saw a single tear fall down his face. Levi looked at her, sadness in his eyes.

"I was so sure that'd I never get the chance to tell you how I really felt," he said.

"But by some miracle, you took a breath and that's when I grabbed you and raced back here."

"And you never left my side?" Hanji replied.

"Not once. I've been tending to your injuries day and night. I haven't slept for three days because I needed to make sure you were taken care of and doing all right. Erwin came to visit but I kicked his moronic bastard ass out," Levi said.