THE DATE

I left immediately after that. I felt so awkward. I mean he kissed me back though. But what if he just felt bad so he kissed me back?

I can't believe I did that. I'm so stupid.

After it happened I looked at him wide-eyed and said, "I'm gonna go now," grabbed my stuff, and left.

Thank god I only lived down the street.

I didn't even spare him another look. I didn't know what his facial expression looked like or anything.

I did feel bad for not saying goodbye to his mother though.

I walked down the street feeling empty almost. I regretted leaving. It was just a spur of the moment thing.

I didn't know what to do.

I had never been around any other guys besides Alex before.

Once I got home I ran up to my room and screamed in my pillow. I peeked up at my clock to see that it was only almost four pm.

My parents would be getting home soon.

My phone buzzed and I was almost nervous to touch it. Was it him?

I pulled it out and it was indeed him. I opened the text and it read,

Forrest:
Why'd you run off?

I'm sorry, I didn't know what to do. I didn't expect myself to do that.

Don't worry, I liked it :)

That's good?

Did you like it?

I don't know.

Let me take you out on a real date then you can decide if you liked it or not.
Be ready by 5:30.

Okay.

I sat on my bed for who knows how long. Why was he trying so hard with me? This is the first day I had ever talked to him and he's already taking me out?

Oh god. What did I get myself into?

I got up and re-straightened my hair and redid my makeup. I figured I would wear the same thing, I mean the outfit was pretty nice.

I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs waiting on him to get here.

When he knocked on the door, my parents thankfully weren't home yet so I texted them and said we weren't done studying yet and just got a pizza.

He had changed into a nice pair of khakis and a button up on. In his hands he holds a bouquet of roses.

"You look beautiful tonight," he tells me.

I rolled my eyes but smiled, "I was wearing this earlier."

He handed me the flowers, "yeah but I didn't get to tell you that you looked beautiful earlier."

I could feel a blush creep onto my cheeks. "Well thank you."

He smiled and led me to his truck with the palm of his hand on my back.

I could feel my breathing get heavier as he touched me. The feeling... it was a weird feeling. Like a tingly feeling almost.

He opens the car door for me and I thank him and get in. Once he is in the car as well I ask him, "where are you taking me?"

"Well, Emma, I thought I would take you on our own little cliche movie-dinner date but I scratched that out last minute and we are going somewhere different."

We pass by most of the restaurants in town which confuses me, "then where are we going?"

"We are almost there."

He parks the car at a park that is close to the New York Bay. He gets out of the car, opening my door for me as well. He grabs a basket out of the back seat of his car.

I smiled at him, "you're taking me on a picnic?"

He nods and I see his cheeks turn a rose color, "like it?"

I smile and nod, "it's beautiful out here."

"Come on, ill show you my favorite spot." He leads me over to an empty dock above the water and lays a blanket down for us to sit on. He motions me to sit down and he does the same.

He pulls out Tupperware that was filled with spaghetti, bread, and salad.

He then pulls out a two glasses and fills them with water, "not old enough to drink." He winked at me.

I laughed and grabbed a crouton that was on top of the salad and quietly munched on it.

"I can't believe this is the first day I've met you and you're already taking me on a date," I exclaim.

He smiles and looks at me, "pretty funny how that works huh?"

I nod, "I guess so."

We begin to munch on our food and make small talk as we go. "Did you make this spaghetti?"

He nods, "yes."

"I love the sauce you used, is there a hint of thyme in it?"

He stared blankly at me, "okay I lied, my mom made it. I was just trying to impress you."

I laughed and lightly hit his arm, "Well I'm going to have to talk to your mom some more then."

He smiled at me, "I'd like that."

I could feel myself blush so I looked down at my plate of food and stuffed some more into my mouth to fill the silence.

Once we finished eating, we moved the food out of the way and dangled our legs off the pier. We sat side by side, only a few feet away from each other.

I could see him trying to be slick and move a inch closer to me. I thought the gesture was cute so I pretended to not notice.

Once he was close enough he placed an arm around me and I leaned into him like it was a habit.

It felt so normal to me.

We watched the sunset go down over the bay. It was a beautiful one too.

Once it started to get dark he said, "well I better get you home before your parents think I kidnapped you."

I nod and look at him not wanting to move. We started at each other before we both started to lean in and before I knew it, we were kissing once again.

And I liked it.

I turned more so I could get more comfortable and deepened the kiss. There was a split thought in my head that I should straddle his lap and that's when I remembered we were in public so I pulled away.

I looked at him and smiled and he did the same. He just continued to stare not daring to say anything.

"Ready to go?" He broke the silence.

I nod and stand up and wait for him to grab the basket.

We walk silently back to the car and drive silently the whole ride home. Once he pulls up to the curb, before he could get out of the car, I opened the door and got out.

But before I shut the door I told him, "I liked it." I then proceeded to speed walk to the front door of my house and walk inside without looking back.

Once I shut the door I take a deep breath and touch my lips because they felt tingly.

I went up to my room and laid down on my bed reminiscing about what had just happened.

The crazy thing is I hadn't thought about Alex the whole time.