Part 18

The next few days I felt pretty drained but tried my best to keep up as we make our way back towards Kaede's village. The others noticed and thought I must have lost a lot of energy that day and it will take time to recover. It seems they were right as I felt relatively normal when we finally we reached the village.

Rin ran up to hug us, glad that we came back alive. She was disappointed though after learning that it wasn't over yet. After what happened, we all decided to take up residence in this village. At least we won't stand alone if Akuhei tries to catch us off guard. We pick up on our lives as best as we can. Which means that I'll be going back to training my ass off.

Even though training should be making me tired, I have been finding it hard to go to sleep as I still have many questions that I need answered. We haven't seen Myoga yet either, so he was unable to shed some light on things. Kaede couldn't tell us anything new either. I hate to be left in the dark. One thing is for sure though, there is a lot to think and ponder about. My world seems to have turned upside down once again.

It was one of my better nights of sleep when my body jolted, causing me to wake up in a cold sweat. It took me a moment to get my bearings. I actually forgot where I was for a moment as the dream I had was so lifelike.

Slowly I sit up on my bedding as the emotions I had felt just moments ago linger still. I swear I could also still smell the scent of blood. No, this dream was not a pleasant one. It was full of death and despair. I lost everything and everyone, leaving me alone and feeling weak. He killed them all, just for fun. Somehow I have no doubt about this becoming reality if nothing is done about Akuhei soon.

I clench my fist at the thought of him. I actually feel hateful towards him. It's a feeling new to me. Sure, Naraku pissed me off royally, but Akuhei just takes it one step further. He's made it personal.

I shake my head to try and get rid of the turmoil of emotion building up inside me. This is not like me, to let one guy get to me like this. I need to think about other things or I'll just have to give up on sleep altogether.

Involuntarily, my eyes land on Sesshomaru who sits with his eyes closed not too far off, the dim light of a small flame flickering across his complexion. I can't tell for sure if he's even asleep or not, his face is just that stoic.

My eyes slowly look over his frame. I may sound like a complete fan girl, but I don't think I've ever seen a man as beautiful as Sesshomaru. He's in a whole new league, nothing like the guys from school. I never cared if I got attention from boys like them, but with Sesshomaru, I just can't get enough of it. And every time he even glances at me, I feel privileged that he even acknowledges someone as plain as me.

My mind starts to wander as I try to imagine what life could be like if I could stay by his side forever if he would let me. I didn't realize the smile that was set upon my face the whole time my fantasy took off with me. I also realize too late when amber eyes are staring back at me. I refrained my body from jolting too much in shock when the realization comes.

Embarrassment washed over me and blood rushed to my face. Oh dear, I must have looked like such a fool. I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there the rest of my life. My eyes rush around the room of our hut as I try to find anything else to look at, but as time passes, I can't seem to find anything worth looking at but Sesshomaru.

I'm surprised when he just looks at me like he's not bothered at all, but at the same time that is all he does. Stare me down, his eyes smoldering. I can feel my breath quicken and rush past my parted lips. My heart jumps when he moves, and keeps beating on loudly as he comes nearer. My body is frozen, not knowing what to expect, the tension nailing me to the ground.

My mind ceases working when I can feel his warm breath on my face. His eyes are all I see, making me swallow hard as to get rid of the lump in my throat. A clawed hand reaches around my head finding its way into disheveled hair. Just as I feel like my body is about to give up on me, his lips clasp onto mine...

Just now I felt like I would die, but now, I couldn't be more alive. Is this really happening? Or is my mind playing cruel tricks on me? Do I really care? I answer my own question by gripping onto Sesshomaru tightly, knuckles turning white. My eyes close, savoring the feeling and taste of his sweet lips on my own.

Sesshomaru's breath blows out through his nose in a deep satisfied sigh. His grip tightens in an almost painful manner, but I can only wish he would hold on even tighter, making us mold together in one form.

My mind can't get a grip on the duration of the kiss. It felt like it took forever, but still too short when he released my lips. I look at him through hazy eyes, breathing hard. What happened is barely settled in my mind as I look over his face for any sign of regret. I find none. His features are calm and muscles relaxed. What does this mean? Sesshomaru...

A cold breeze blows past us, carrying something that makes Sesshomaru freeze. My eyes widen as his narrow dangerously before he stands up abruptly. His eyes focus on the doorway before rushing out.

I scramble to get up and follow after him, alarmed by his behavior. I nearly run into him as he didn't go far. His head is held up high as he smells the air. "What do you smell? Is it Akuhei?" I question.

He looks of into the distance. "Not just him." He looks apprehensive to say more, but I urge him to continue. "I smell your father."