chapter 8

Christmas had rolled in quite quickly. The snow had fallen and the snow was still sticking to the ground, but still no Volturi. The Cullens has been very welcoming to Stella and allowed her to continue to teach Venus to control her hunger, her compulsion and her strength.

After Aro's little visit to the compound, Elijah and Klaus clashed. Stella was now considered a threat and Elijah was very conflicted. Stella's morals were always Elijah's priority but this seemed too far gone to recognise. He couldn't let his wife get hurt but he also couldn't let his soon-to-be-ex wife destroy the treaty between the two vampire species.

The Cullens and their witnesses had decided to move towards the Volturi , knowing that they would rather fight them outside of the small town.

Night had fallen and Bella and Edward set up a tent for the twins for the night. Stella sat on a log and watched as Jacob collected fire wood.

Benjamin lit his fingers with fire and threw it towards the wood. Jacob smirked as he watched the flames burn. "That's what I'm talking about."

He moved to sit next to Benjamin and Tia as Stella sat across from them. "Little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories..." He glances around to see the rest of the vampires standing very still and away from the fire. "Or just standing there like freaking statues."

Stella smiled at Jacobs face scrunched in confusion at the vampires.

Garret suddenly appeared next to Stella. "Name any American battle." He pointed. "I was there."

Jacob thought for a second. "The Little Bighorn."

Garret smiled at the memory. "Came this closer to biting Custer, but the Indians got him first."

Jacob seemed impressed. Kate sped up to sit on Garret's lap. "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

Soon many of the other vampires joined in to tell their own war stories. Stella couldn't help but think about her own stories with the Mikaelson's. She had her fair share of fight stories. Though she never actually fought in a war.

"Stella?" She was pulled from her thoughts as Kate said her name. "You cause any havoc in your time?"

She smiled but shrugged. "Never fought in a war but me and my husband hide and housed over 80 jewish children and orphans during the second world war."

"Impressive." Kate admired.

"Your in-laws are quite the legends." Garret spoke. "They basically own New Orleans."

"And I can tell you they are still fighting for it." Stella thought back to Elijah and Klaus in New Orleans with Hayley.

"How did you meet your husband?" Kate asked.

Stella smiled as she remembers the far memories of her human days. "When I was human, my mother was working at a hotel farm house in Paris. France had just come out of slavery for the second when my mother moved there and she had me. They owners of the farm house were willing to accommodate any well paying gentle who asked for shelter." Memories of her mother warmed her heart. "The Mikaelson's were guests in our farm house. Elijah and I would sneak off to the barn whenever we could. He use to feed off me and then feed his blood to hide the markings he'd leave."

~

"Quiet, darling," Elijah whispered against Stella's warm neck. "You don't want them to hear you."

Stella giggled as his breath tickled her skin. "Then stop making me laugh."

He had her laid down on a small pile of hay in the barn of the house. His shirt had been untied and was loosely hanging from his shoulders and his hair dangling and tickling Stella's face as he peppered kisses all over her.

"You are such a beautiful woman." He murmured into her shoulder as he breathed in her scent over her dark skin. "So beautiful."

"Elijah." Stella moaned as she knotted her fingers in his hair.

Elijah kisses over her throat before sucking her skin and piercing through it with his fangs. Drinking from her gave them a connection he felt he didn't have with any other. Her warm blood tasted like gold as her moans sounded like heaven to his ears.

Pulling away, Elijah moaned at her taste. He bit his lip, drawing his own blood before kissing her deeply. His blood ran down her throat, healing the wounds he just left on her neck. He pulled back but pecked her on the lips again.

"Thank you, darling." He nudged her nose with his. Her eyes closed as she hummed in satisfaction and smiled contently.

~

"Sneaky. I like it." Emmett commented, earning him a whack in the chest from Rosalie.

"They stayed for a while before they were chased out of town. The person that had been hunting made it to the farm house and burnt it to the ground. Me and my mother inside it. Because I had Elijah's blood in my system I survived." Stella's heart clenched at the memory of not being able to recognise her mother's charred body.

"Well...I died but his blood brought me back and I was in transition. Eventually, Elijah came back to visit the farm house to find it burnt to the ground, I had buried my mother and fully transitioned into a vampire. He tried to compel me to forget the incident but because of my mothers line to french witchery I couldn't be compelled. I was sired to him so he took me with him and his family."

"And from there you became a part of the notorious Mikaelson family." Benjamin smirked at Stella.

"I sure did." Stella smiled.

Soon, everyone slowly departed to their respective groups as the fire died down. Stella sat against the log she was sitting on before and staring at the dead fire.

Edward crawled out of the tent his family was in and made his way over to sit next to Stella.

He stared at the fire for a while before speaking. "I never got a chance to properly thank you. You've done a lot more for my family than I could ever ask for." Edward glanced towards Stella.

"Trust me, it's the least I could do." Stella smiled and looked up at the stars.

"What you've done for Venus is very much the opposite of the least." Edward also looked up at the stars. "She really likes you."

Stella smiled at the thought of the little girl. Just a young vamp in need of help.

"And you are really good with her." Edward said. "Did you have a child once?"

Stella's smile fell as he asked. The stars glinted bright in the dark night sky as her heart clenched again at the memory of family.

Her eyes welled with tears that threatened to spill, but she didn't let them.

"Yes, I did."