[07]

♦ .

With confidence and excitement, I hopped off the bus. Ready to face the first day as a trainee.

Joking, my legs are shaking out of control right now. 

Aish...get it together. I took a deep breath, facing the entrance in front of me.

My hand gripped tighter onto the backpack as I slowly walked up to the towering building.

Once inside, the lobby was filled with people, again. Through the crowd, I swiftly made my way through the lobby and to a door that was labeled 'New Trainees Only'. If that wasn't intimidating enough, then I don't know what is. 

I gulped as I pushed open the door, allowing me to step through. And instantly, I was faced with the same faces from the orientation. Not that surprising. But it still was, considering I'd thought most of them would have dropped out by now.

This time we were all meeting up in the dance room. Which was cool and all, but those gossipers were here too. Just my luck, really.

To top it off, they kept their eyes on me as I sat myself near the mirror. Can I like poke their eyeballs out? Will I get kicked out for that? 

I sighed, reminding myself that everything is just fine. 

Within a short amount of time, someone came through the door. It was Mr. JYP, but there someone by his side this time.

"Good morning everyone!", the man was lively, again. " I'm excited to let you all know that your first training session will be dancing", he faced the girl beside him, "And today, this young lady will be your instructor". The girl bowed.

"Hi everyone!", she smiled, "My name is Hirai Momo. I'll be your dance teacher today". 

Immediately my body tingled. I've never seen anyone pull off a short hairstyle so well in my entire life. My eyes stared at her, amazed at the beauty that was embodied into her existence. It was just something about her. 

"Alright, you'll be split into groups", Mr.JYP's voice interrupted my fantasizing. I shook my head and snapped back into reality.

Mr. JYP organized us in groups of 5. My group was consisted of Kim Yeri, Lee Taeyong, Kwon Eunbi, Kim Jong-In, and of course me. 

"Yo, the name's Kai. And you?", Jong-In was the first to talk to me. It was pretty evident that I was the only one in this room who hasn't been training with the company for years. Everyone else knew eachother, since they've been training at JYP together.

"I'm Park Y/N", we shook hands. He's got a strong grip, or I've gotten soft.

As the others watched us interact, they eventually pitched into our conversation. Introducing themselves one by one. 

"You're originally from America!?", Yeri leaned into me as her eyes glistened with curiosity. It seems she's a fan of America...but I think she only likes it for the good-looking guys or something. I nodded my head, in which she squealed of excitement. "Oh my god! I want to go there so bad!", she slumped her shoulders while pouting.

Suddenly there was a loud clap. We all looked up, seeing our instructor, Momo, with a smile on her face. "Let's get started". My heart quickened. I'm not too confident about this, but I'll do my best.

[. . .]

Our bodies instantly dropped to the floor once the music had stopped.

Sweat was dripping down immensely, making the back of my shirt to be drenched. I hate when my clothes stick to me, it's gross.

While looking to my left, I could see Yeri and Taeyong panting like a bunch of dogs with their tongues sticking out. Can't blame them though. This dance was a workout. But a workout where you cross a tight rope, holding onto a piece of pie, riding a unicycle, and carrying a monkey on your back as you try not to fall into a pit of fire. It was that intense.

"Good job everyone!", Momo cheered, and so did everyone else, but with the tone of death knocking at their door. 

I quickly went to grab my water bottle. Downing it quickly to quench my thirst. As I was wiping my mouth, Kai came up to me. 

"Come hang with us when you have time", he flashed me a smile. The others were behind him with a smile on their faces as well. I nodded, and one by one, we exchanged phone numbers.

"See you", they waved to me as they left out the dance room. 

Today wasn't so bad. I'm glad. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth as I threw the towel over my shoulders. Anything cold right now would be really useful. Sadly I drunk all my water. I groaned. With a slight pain from my legs, I stood up. 

"You're Park Y/N, right?", with a surprise, Momo came walking up to me. My eyes went directly to her visible abs. Who knew wearing a sports bra and sweatpants would be the perfect combination.

"Y-yup, that's me", I replied back as I clenched tighter onto the towel. It's crazy how stiff I feel just from her standing in front of me. Is this what I think it is? No way. It couldn't be.

"I really love your style of dancing. It's unique, and refreshing in a way", she pushed her hair back behind her ear, "Would you maybe...like to dance together?". All I could do was blink my eyes at her while my jaw dropped. Did she just...ask me...to dance with her!?

Suddenly her face became flustered. "I-I mean...unless you don't want to or anything", she nervously grabbed onto her arm. Seeing her act like this actually made me feel some type of way. It was adorable.

I gulped, "I-I would love to". Her body language changed once I said that. 

"R-really?", a smile so big appeared on her face. Snap, if I didn't know any better, I'd have thought she was a model for Colgate or something.

► = ◄

%% (Eung Eung) by Apink is such a bop. I almost blew out my speakers while playing it in my car at high volume. And actually, I might've gone lowkey deaf. My mom kept yelling at me since I couldn't hear.