Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Angel woke up the next morning screaming.  Sarah came running into her room to see what was going on.  Angel was obviously having a nightmare that she could not wake up from.  It was only 5 am and Sarah had class at 7 am.  Sarah went to the side of Angel's bed and knelt down, reaching a hand out to gently shake Angel awake. Angel awoke with a start, sitting straight up in bed breathing heavily and trying to come fully awake as the remnants of the dream faded away. 

Angel sat there shaking, the tears rolling down her cheeks as she tried to get her nerves under control.  Sarah looked at her and took her hands, "Angel, hun.  What happened?"  Angel looked and her and sniffed, "I, I don't know.  I was having a nightmare, but it wasn't me in the dream.  It was some other woman; she had short curly red hair, but my same blue eyes.  I saw my own eyes staring back at me in the mirror of my dream.  Nothing really happened, but I could feel the other woman's fear."  Angel leaned over and placed her head in her hands and sobbed out the remnants of the fear from her dream.

Sarah let her cry.  After another few minutes Angel looked up and said, "Okay, I feel better, but I don't think I can go back to sleep.  I am going to go take a shower."  Angel got off her bed, walked to her dresser and got clean panties and bra to take into the bathroom with her.  A few minutes later Sarah could hear the radio in Angel's bathroom come on and the shower start running.  When Angel began singing along to "Royals" by Lorde, Sarah knew that the dream had passed and that Angel would be okay.

Sarah left Angel's room and headed for the kitchen to start the coffee.  The coffee was brewing when Angel came into the kitchen in jean shorts and a purple spaghetti strap tank top, wearing flip flops on her feet that matched her shirt.  Angel was 5'7 with a slender build.  She was blessed with a large chest and often felt that it was more of a curse than a blessing.  Being tall and skinny with big boobs could be very painful for the lower back at times.  Sarah just smiled at this.  It was a well known fact among those that knew Angel well, that she hated shoes and usually only ever wore flip flops.  She had so many pairs in so many different colors.  Like any other young woman, Angel owned several pairs of sandals, business casual shoes, sneakers, and what she liked to call her hooker hoose.  Those were her spike heels, and her come fuck me boots. 

Angel poured herself a cup of coffee, added a fair amount of French vanilla creamer, and about seven teaspoons of sugar to the cup.  Sarah looked over and commented, "A little coffee with your sugar?"  Angel just laughed; this was a standing joke in their house.  Sarah drank her coffee black with one teaspoon of sugar.  The women sat at the table sipping their coffee, Angel reached over to pick up the newspaper that was sitting on the table.  It was yesterday's paper.  She started looking it over, until an article caught her eye. 

The front page of the paper had an article about a young woman found murdered in the parking lot of The Stratosphere.  She was a go-go dancer, and still been dressed in her uniform under her long lightweight sweater.  The article went on to say that her throat had been slit, but that there was no blood to be found anywhere on the scene.  It was obvious the body had not been moved, so where was her blood.  Her body had been completely drained of blood and not a drop was found on or near the body.  Angel shivered at the thought of this.  What kind of person did something like this?  Sarah looked over at Angel, "What are you reading?"

Angel looked at her and replied, "A terrible murder at The Stratosphere, a woman was killed and her throat was slit.  There was no blood left in her body and none on or near the body, and the body had not been moved.  It's so mysterious."  Sarah had a shocked look on her face, shook her head, "Wow, I can't believe this, who would do something like that.  It's disgusting."

"Ugg, I so do not want to think about this.  I need to get ready for class," Sarah said as she walked out of the room headed towards her bedroom and shower.  Angel heard Sarah's shower come on as she headed into the living room to catch the morning news.  She was hoping to see an update on the murdered woman from the paper.  Unfortunately there was nothing about her on the morning news.