Chapter 2 'Meeting Bo'

Lauren woke up with the sun peeking through the curtains on the right side.

Being on the 6th floor has is disadvantages, she thought. Lauren got up and went into her kitchen. She boiled her kettle and got herself a coffee cup. She got the open can of dog food out of the fridge and grabbed Jeanie’s food bowl, which was in the laundry room. Lauren took the glad wrap off the wet dog food and put some in the bowl. Jeanie was by Lauren’s feet with her head off to the side, looking cute and adorable.

“Go get Kitty’s bowl and then you will get your food,” Lauren said watching Jeanie scurry off to the laundry. Jeanie came back with the purple bowl for Kitty. Kitty’s bowl was bigger than Jeanie’s head and she looked funny carrying it. Jeanie placed the bowl near Lauren’s feet. Lauren picked the bowl up and put the other bowl down. Lauren put the dog food can back in the fridge and got Kitty’s food out. Lauren finished making herself a coffee and giving Kitty her food. Kitty came and ate her breakfast while Jeanie was still licking her bowl clean and making sure there was no food left.

“Take your bowl back to the laundry.”Lauren stood there and watched her dachshund’s little legs run off to the laundry. Lauren smiled and drank her coffee. She looked at the calendar on her fridge. March, Monday, brand new week of work. Lauren worked for a little cleaning company. She was a maid and at the very moment she was working for Mr Niall and was one of the best maid in new York. She sat at her dining table and finished drinking her coffee. Jeanie sat at her feet and growled.

“I know,” Lauren said. It was a tradition ever since Lauren got Jeanie; Jeanie always had the leftovers of her coffee. Lauren looked over at her cute dachshund and smiled. Jeanie was on her hind legs begging.

“Fine.” Lauren had one more sip and put the coffee mug down on the floor. Jeanie’s nose disappeared and Lauren could hear her licking up the coffee. Lauren got up and organised what she was wearing for the day. She was going to have a shower but realized she had a bath yesterday and decided to have one later that night. Lauren got out her house cleaner uniform, white and black. She showed off her legs with nice black panties hoes.  She was black flat sneakers. She tied her hair back in a simple low ponytail. Her hair had natural lose curls, which made her ponytail look messy at times. She went back out to the dining area and Jeanie had finished with the coffee mug. She put the mug in to the sink and made sure the laundry could be accessed if the dog needed to do its business. She grabbed her coat and left the house.

Before going to work she picked up two coffees. The coffee guy always knew what she was getting so she never had to wait. The guy always made the cream into a heart shape. Lauren left her car in the underground car park and walked the rest of the way. She only did this because she knew that the coffee guy liked her. He always had, since she moved here four years ago. He was nice but was not her type. Lauren waited for her friend outside of work.

“Morning Laruen,” Kenzi said, grabbing her coffee from Lauren’s hand and gave her a hug.

“Morning,” Lauren returned.

“So what did the doctor say yesterday? The news must not have been that bad or you would’ve called me,” Kenzi said with great enthusiasm. Kenzi has black hair but she usually does something different to it every day. This time she got a blonde streaky. She had a skinny figure, just as skinny as Lauren. Her eye colour was usually blue-green but changed colour when she was in a different mood. Kenzi was the kind of person to put a smile on your dial. She was always bubbly and never looked down or sad.  They met under wired circumstances, Kenzi tried to steal Lauren's watch. All Keniz was saying "It so shiny" then Lauren help Keniz to get a job. Kenzi still a thief at heart. They became the best of friends after four years.