S3 E2

Raheem looked at her with a stony expression, she seemed uneasy about the question he asked. Her slim fingers slithered around her neck, attempting to hide the obvious purple marks and he sighed heavily as anger brewed inside him.

The music slowed down to create an erotic atmosphere in the bar. Couples were moving closer to each other, grinding sensually but Raheem and Sarai's awkward tension cut the sensual ambience.

"I..um.. was doing something and I hurt my neck, that's all. Nothing to worry about, just a few bruises that's all" Sarai attempted to explain, avoiding any eye contact with him. 

How could she tell him that another man had been with her? 

She knew she was wrong for doing that but it was just a spur of the moment.  A moment of weakness but at the same time, she had to admit that the sex was sensational with the other man. She just couldn't keep away.

Raheem smirked briefly, even though he wanted to scream and cry because he knew that she was cheating and he just wanted admission at this point. His heart tightened as the tempo of the jazz song became faster. The lights had dimmed a bit as Raheem clasped his hands together, looking directly at Sarai, who made the mistake of lifting her head and her hazel eyes aligned with his brown orbs.

He didn't know where they went wrong because it was only just a year ago when they were good, laughing and joking together. Rolling through sheets seemed like a distant bittersweet memory for him that both excited and saddened him.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Flashback- a year ago

"Ok, ok. Since you kept roasting me, I hope you didn't forget that time when you slipped down the stairs and slipped again as you got up" Sarai laughed heartily.

The night sky was lit up by the effervescent moon and it found its way into the spacious bedroom of Raheem's warehouse flat.

" ah, shut up. You talk bare" he chuckled lightly. He caressed Sarai's slim arm that lay across his bare chest.

The silence between them was nothing short of sweet as they lay quietly, holding onto each other like they didn't want to let go.

Raheem kept a steady breath as he thought about how Sarai made an impact on his life. He wasn't used to having a relationship, this was all new to him.

As for Sarai, she had a fair share of bad relationships with unserious men who were usually broke. She had grown tired of the cyclical mess and Raheem was a breath of fresh air.

He sexed her well, treated her well and looked after her financially even though she knew he could do better than the barber job he had now but she was going to firm it for now.

Suddenly, Raheem felt an array of kisses cascade down his neck and a small smirk formed on his face. He knew what she wanted to do but he was kinda hungry right now.

His train of thought instantly broken he felt her deeper towards his growing manhood and stopped her.

" We can do that later, mans gotta eat right now." He said

"But I'm hungry for you" she replied, her eyes hooded with lust.

He just laughed and tickled her, forcing them to get up. Sarai sighed,  watching him put his grey joggers on.

" You coming? " he reached his hand out.

She smiled back, slipping her hand into his, thinking about how lucky she was.
.............................................................................................................................................................

" You think you can lie to me like I'm some kind of wasteman? I just want the truth" He stated calmly.

Sarai bit her lip nervously, knowing revealing the identity of this man would break him and she wasn't sure that she was ready to face that side of him. Growing impatient, he slammed his fist against the table causing her to flinch and this time, he couldn't be bothered if he was seen or heard.

" This is the last time I'm asking, so you better not lie." He gritted through his teeth. A single tear fell on her face as the hubbub of general chatter continued around them.

" It was your cousin, that's who I slept with. I didn't want-"

"I acc can't believe you."

Sarai teared up as she looked at his distraught eyes, fighting the urge to cry. She knew she had fucked up badly, it wasn't like she meant to cheat on him. It was a spur-of-the-moment that turned into something she became addicted to. It wasn't like his cousin was better at sex but the lifestyle he offered her was so much better since he was a rapper.

It was always what she dreamed of, the glamorous life of designer shoes and expensive holidays which was something Raheem couldn't offer, not with his barber job. But he did offer something real, a connection like never before and at this moment she couldn't believe how stupid she had been.

"Was he worth it, huh? After everything we've been through together, this is how you treat me? "

"It was a mistake, I didn't mean to-" She tried to hold onto his hand but he pulled it away in disgust.

He slipped out of the booth, with a heavy heart and looked down at his hands, it was shaking profusely.

His chest was tightening up, his breathing was getting faster as he stood. He was completely shocked at what he heard.

He clenched his jaw as his eyes seemingly turned darker, now laced with anger and pain.

"Save that shit, I don't want to hear that. While you at it, delete my number," He walked away. 

Everything about their relationship had felt like a waste of time. Raheem knew he deserved better so much.  

Sarai and his cousin could go fuck themselves for all he cared, this time Raheem was doing him.
.......................................................................................................

Hey guys.
I'm sorry for the late update.

I hope you're enjoying the stories. Comment on which episode is your favourite.

As always , vote and comment .

Love, @TamaraMensah xxxx