3

"Mark!" Scott brushes past Mitch, whose arms are open for their pre show hug, and into the arms of his boyfriend. "What are you doing here?" Mark laughs, Scott's infectious smile spreading to him. "I took time off to come support you and Mitch." Scott blushes. "Aww, babe. I really appreciate having you as my boyfriend and best friend." Scott hugs him and pecks his cheek. Mark turns to Scott and asks him, "I was wondering if you and Mitch would like to come out with me and celebrate." Scott glances at Mitch as he responds, "I'd love to, but I think Mitch has plans already.  He doesn't seem to want to spend time with anyone that's not his boyfriend." Mitch flinches at the spite that dripped from Scott's words and Mark glances between them, knowing something was off but deciding not to pry.

"Alright then. It's just you and me then, Scotty." Mark leans up to kiss Scott, who blushes and watches Mark strut away. Scott turns to leave but pauses when Mitch calls his name. "You need to cut that attitude out." He sharply scolds him. "What attitude? I'm simply speaking the truth, Mitchell." Scott responds cattily. "He's my boyfriend, of course I want to spend time with him. Is that such a crime?" Mitch argues. He knows that arguing backstage isn't professional, but he's beyond caring at this point. "I'm your best friend though. I just want to spend some time with you. Have a wine night like we used to. Please I miss you." Scott searches Mitch's eyes, but only finds coldness and distance instead of the love he's used to.

"Right," Scott nods and runs his hand through his hair. "Are you really choosing a guy who've you've only known for a year over the guy who has loved you and taken care of you for seventeen years? Are you really throwing our friendship away for a guy who won't love you like I do?" Mitch opens his mouth to speak, but a stage hand comes in with a reminder that "Places in 10!" Mitch turns and walks away, calling behind him , "I don't have time for this or you, Scott," leaving Scott behind. He can feel his heart tear apart, nobody willing to come fix it. The only one who could had just walked away from him.