Dario _4

Chapter four

Going to the Del monte's coffeehouse was his regular morning duty, a place where he goes to escape from the harsh reality of life, funny how a coffeehouse turns into a place of solitude. Today was different, he didn't want to go to the coffeehouse but he kept having this gnawing feeling deep down and then it turned into a sudden craving for cappuccino coffee which was extremely weird considering the fact he didn't like the taste and it not being his regular.

He walked into the coffeehouse and took a seat at his regular spot awaiting a waiter or waitress. He stared at his wrist watch, it was five thirty PM.

He sighed disappointedly and ran his hands through his face, muttering under his breath
"what the hell are you doing here Dario," just as he was about to stand up and leave the coffeehouse a waitress stood in his front.

"Good evening and welcome to the Del monte's coffeehouse." She greeted in a reverence manner.

He nodded at her greeting. There was no need leaving, he'd just have the coffee.

"What would you like to have, Black coffee?" She asked though she knew that's his usual order.

"Cappuccino coffee." He answered.

She stared at him uncannily. "Cappuccino coffee?" Just to be sure that's what she heard. She didn't want to fall a victim of his wrath like Bella who was his former waitress. Bella had mistakenly served him a coffee au lait and he flared up pouring the hot coffee on her body.

He nodded and said with gritted teeth. "Cappuccino coffee."

If this waitress ask him this question one more time, he would make sure she regrets it. Wisely, she nodded and left as if reading his mind. A little while later she came back with a cappuccino coffee and left.

Dario stared at the coffee with an alien look. He wondered why he didn't take the waitress offer, he wondered what made him utter cappuccino. He took a sip from the coffee slowly, rubbing it on his tongue, then he sipped again relishing the sweetness. Now this is weird. He groaned loudly but not loud enough to attract stares, he was loosing it.

The bell above the door to the entrance of the coffeehouse jingled and a red hair walked in, she was putting on a faded jeans and a black I love New York city polo shirt. He watched as she walked up to the counter smiling and said something to the other girl, he recognise the girl she is talking to as the girl who served him his coffee.

He sipped his coffee and watched as the both of them talked as childhood best friends, surprisingly this was entertaining to watch. The counter girl which he has resorted to calling her said something to the red hair which changed her mood, she had tears forming in her eyes, he felt a pang in his chest. She quickly walked out of the coffeehouse, he was mad at her tears, he was mad at the counter girl for making her cry.

Diane pushed the door and walked out of the coffeehouse in tears, she didn't know why she got all emotional all of a sudden. She came to the Del Monte to find out Fabio answer from Elena and it still came out negative. She was so worried for Ruby and she couldn't get a decent job since she dropped out of college because she was eloping.

She wiped her tears and decided to go back to the coffeehouse but on her way, she bumped into someone spilling the coffee she held on her hand on him.

"I'm so sorry," she gasped. "How much is it? I promise I can pay you." She prattled.

It can't be that expensive she thought. What the hell is wrong with her, she was just out here crying because of money and here she was offering a stranger to pay for his designers suit.

He laughed, his eyes cold and calculating. He had an inscrutable aura. "I don't think you can."

Her eyes widened when he called the price. She couldn't pay even if she worked triple shifts in the coffeehouse and the worst part, she doesn't even have the job.

"I knew you couldn't afford it. " He smirked. "Will you marry me?"