--Life #20--

Life #20 Case file:
Who:
Tom is Austrinus Malfoy
Harry is Caelus Selwyn
What:
Tom is the Malfoy Heir
Harry is the Selwyn Heir
When:
Tom is born in 1863
Harry is born in 1864
Where:
Magical Great Britain

Harry Potter sighed. He had been reborn in 1864, even though he'd explicitly asked Death to not do that. He'd have words with that incompetent immortal being when the time came.

Currently a seven-year-old, Harry was understandably irked with the situation. Having to redo childhood yet again was rather irritating since he had to pretend like he wasn't over a thousand years old. He'd stopped faking a lisp when he was two, and started to read the famous Selwyn book collection when he was three. Sure, he was considered a genius-prodigy now, but he couldn't care less. If he had to "pwetend to be a wittle toddwer one mo' time", he would probably throttle someone.

He spent his years, busy with the task of devouring the entire Selwyn library. Today, however, was an exception to his usual eat-read-sleep schedule. Much to his displeasure, his parents had dragged him away from the bookroom and into the entrance hall to greet some bigshot pureblood family or another. He stood stiffly by the staircase banister, trying to not let his scowl show.

Just as he began to fidget with his infernal, starchy collar, there was a slight pop as the apparition wards opened to allow their guests inside. Harry stared disinterestedly at them, a brief glance enough for him to guess that they were Malfoys. Apparently, the pointy-face, pale-blonde appearance was a trademark Malfoy look. Now that Harry had finished his duty of being a good little Selwyn Heir and greeting the guests, he deemed it safe to return to the library.

Harry was on the third stairstep when he halted. That feeling of serene completion, of content wholeness, of yearning desire...

He turned slowly to face the guests again, and his searching gaze was met by the Malfoy Heir's arrogant one. Upon seeing Harry's slightly wide-eyed look, Tom had the actual audacity to smirk. Harry smiled sweetly back, the flickering amusement in his eyes the only indication that he wasn't a darling angel. He blew Tom a kiss while the Lords and Lady Malfoy and Selwyn weren't looking, and reveled in the way Tom sniffed haughtily in response.

Having lead Tom upstairs while the adults were doing a boring chit-chat, Harry forcibly sat Tom down at the side of his bed before perching himself beside Tom.

"Look at you. Malfoy Heir, huh?" Harry remarked.

"Says the Selwyn Heir." Tom countered. "Besides, this Heirship status is befitting of my superior mannerisms and intellect."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Now you look and sound like a real Malfoy, you pompous nob."

"Speaking of looks, do you like this Malfoy aesthetic?" Tom gestured towards his general appearance.

Harry tilted his head to the side, surveying his soulmate. Tom had long, silken, blonde locks that fell below his shoulders, very much unlike Harry's waves of raven. His facial structure was as aristocratic and sharply angled as any Malfoy, and his tall height was also true to his Malfoy heritage. His eyes were a silvery-grey look that contrasted with Harry's hazel Selwyn ones, and his pale complexion was porcelain in comparison to Harry's slightly more tanned visage.

"You know, you look all right as a Malfoy." Harry said, which was an understatement. Tom looked fine as hell, but Harry wasn't going to inflate Tom's ego any more than it already was.

Judging from Tom's smug countenance, he could tell how much Harry actually liked it. "You didn't do too badly for yourself, Harry." He said, appreciatively looking Harry's Selwyn features up and down.