Chapter 19

Tom had left the room after he had saw how much he had hurt me. The tension in the room had finally started to dissipate and James had took me up to my room.
"Are you alright Jo?" He asked me softly as he sat me down on my bed.
"I'm fine," I told him as I laid down on the bed.
"No," he says as he shook his head and took my hand into his. "Your not alright because you wouldn't be acting this way."
"James, I just got scared," I tell him as I hold onto his hand. "I just need some time."
"Would you want to come over to my house for the night?" He asked me. A small smile formed on my face but it then disappeared as I thought.
"I would but I don't know how Tom would like that," I mutter.
"Well, you don't really have to listen to what he says, your an adult," he reminds me. I raise my eyebrows and laugh slightly.
"Maybe I should," I tell him as I suddenly sat up. "Maybe we should have some time to our own." I swung my legs off the bed and went over to my closet where I grabbed one of the large backpacks and started to shoved clothes, toiletries and other necessities into it.
"Wait, you're actually going to come home with me?" He asked in surprise.
"Well, I wouldn't be packing a bag if I wasn't," I smart off with a smirk. "A couple days should probably get him to calm down. There wasn't even a reason for the sudden outburst anyways." I finished with clothes and started to get things off my dresser, along with my medicine out of the drawer.
"What was that?" I heard James ask as I quickly shoved the bottle into the bag.
I quietly curse under my breath as grabbed my phone and charger. "It's medicine that I may need. I'm bringing it just in case."
I heard him stand from the bed and walk over to me. He pulled me to him and wrapped his arms tightly around me. "You can always tell me anything," he whispered as he held me.
"I have atypical depression and it's hard to tell what my mind will turn this into," i whisper to him. "I just need to keep myself busy, and everything should be fine."
James gave me a worried look as he let go of me. "Jo, just remember that I will always be here for you." He told me before he let me finish getting my stuff.
I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before I returned to getting my stuff. The last thing I grabbed what an old Syndicate original hoodie which I put on. "Let's go, I don't want to drag this out any longer than it needs to be." I told him before we left the room and walked down to the living room. Tom was still M.I.A.
"Kaitie, where are you going?" Adam asked me as I passed by.
"I'm going to James' house for the night. I just need some time," I told him as I gave him a look. He always knew when I was in a ditch and would do anything to help me out.
"Well just be safe," he told me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes but his comments continued. "You're still young, no need to rush having kids."
"Adam!" I snapped as glared at him. He held up his hands in surrender but the smirk was still there. "If Tom asks, let him know I'll be back tomorrow." I received a nod before James and I left.
James had opened the passenger door for me as we got to his car and I got in, throwing my bag in the back.
"I need to get fuel," he muttered as he started the car and pulled out of the driveway before making the short drive to a nearby station. I sat in the far as he got everything that he needed and fuel up the car. Eventually he got back in the car with a couple bags and threw a small one in the back seat and handed me the others. "I got you some chocolate because what girl doesn't like chocolate." He said while laughing a little.
I smile at him and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you," I told him. "What's in the other bag?"
His face immediately went red when I asked that which made me very curious. "Oh... Um... It's just something for later," he mumbles.
"Okay," I say while shaking my head and laughing.

It took a little longer to get to James' than I thought. I had ended up curling up in the seat and falling sleep.
I felt James pick me up and carry me but I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to wake up completely. I wrapped my arms around him as he carried me, his warmth felt safe and soothing and I didn't want him to let go.