19

Recap
"About today... did you mean it? About being glad to meet me?" She asks.

I knew that this was going to come up. I set down my tea and look her in the eye.
————————————————————
Céleste's POV
He looks into my eyes.

"I have never meant anything more in my life. You are such a joy to be around. The boys love you, you're practically their little sister. I'm very glad you joined, even if I didn't make it seem so. Ever since I saw you, I knew you were a fighter. I knew you would make an excellent member of our group." He says.

"So he just thought I was a fighter" I think to myself.

"But, when I saw you sitting in the window, staring at the street, I was drawn to you. My first thought was that you are beautiful. Than, I recognized you from the rally, because you warned Marius about the Inspector. I felt protective over you, but I didn't know why. It's why I agreed for you to live with me. An urge that wanted you by my side, so I can be your knight in shining armor if you ever got hurt." He says, a small blush on his cheeks.

"Enjolras. When I first saw you at the rally, I thought your voice was like an angels. You spoke so passionately about the revolution, and I felt drawn to you. When you helped clean my cuts, I recognized you again, but I didn't speak up. I found you strikingly handsome, and I was flustered almost every time you talked to me at first. As we became closer, my feelings for you only grew. It seemed as if your only love was Patria, and I knew I couldn't compete with France, so I didn't act upon my feelings. Until the talk earlier today." I say, looking up at him.

He was silent. I sigh, my eyes closed. I was about to go to the room, when I get stopped.

I turn around and I feel a pair a lips on my cheek. I freeze.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He mumbles to himself whilst falling face first on the couch.

"I guess the point I was trying to get across, is that I fancy you." He says, sitting up.

"Enjolras..." Is all I could say.

"I understand if you don't like me back, but-" I cut him off by walking over to where he was.

"Enjolras. I like you too. Everything I said, I meant." I say, taking hold of his hand.

He stands up.

He was about to say something when someone knocks on the door.