CH. ONE

Hi.

This is obvi Yoongi & JK so if you don't like it, then SKRRT away.

I plan to make shit stir, but not too bad.

Idk how mature the story will get, but I will put a warning if anything happens.

Mr. Kim is Seokjin btw
Enjoy the story.
~~

Jungkook

All of my life I had seen only black and white. Nobody sees color when they are born. The only thing we see is either the dull colors- aka black and white, or sadly nothing at all.

In the early years of school, our teachers would teach us about the colors that we already see. They also tell us that there are many other colors and that there's a thing called a rainbow that shows a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet color. What the hell are those? I don't know. I've never seen them, and the teachers say that we won't see them until we find our "true love" or "soulmate."

  Many of our teachers have seen them though, and they tell us that they are very beautiful and that they are unlike the other colors that us "children" see, although there is a rumor that one of the "children" saw color in middle school. The rumor was true. It was actually one of my friends who saw colors.

  To be exact, it was my best friend that I like to call Tae. His real name is Kim Taehyung, but I like to call him Tae. Everyone pretty much does, honestly. He saw color at the age of thirteen and we were in middle school when it happened. I was there when it happened, too.

  I remember it like it was yesterday.

-
  "Listen up!" The teacher shouted as we were all taking our seats in the old, broken and flimsy chairs that our little school had.

  Our school isn't exactly poor, but they just bought the cheapest things possible to save money even if they had plenty of cash to buy new things for us.

  "We have a new student with us here today." Mrs. Rose said to us as she opened the door slowly.

  Nothing happened when she opened the door. Silence filled the room and nobody moved a muscle. Mrs. Rose sighed and reached out her hand and began slightly pushing the new student into the door. He was a shy kid.

  "This-" She pointed at a tall skinny boy who had dark hair and wide eyes as he was pointed out in front of the class. "Is the new student. Welcome him kindly."

  Everyone waved and said "Hi" or "Hello," and most of the girls giggled and smiled at each other and some gave him loving eyes, causing his face to go instantly down in embarrassment. He eventually smiled lightly at everyone and revealed deep dimples.

  "Hi, I'm Kim Namjoon." He said with a short wave and then looked back at the ground with a scared face again.

  I look over at Tae, he had such wide eyes that were exploring the room and exploring the new kid. He looked frightened, like he had seen a ghost, so I put a hand on his shoulder.

  "Are you okay?" I ask him and he turns to me with a boxy smile and shining eyes.

  "I can see it, Kookie!" Tae laughs lightly and looks back at Namjoon. "I see him, I see you, I see everyone!" He says which caused me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

  "Tae, what are you even on about?" I ask him curiously and tilt my head as he turns back to looks at me.

  "Mrs. Rose, what color is this?" He says, pointing at my hair.

  "I-It's brown, Tae." She stutters and gives him a slight smile. "Why do you ask?"

  "Because I can see it." Tae says and smiles politely back at her.

-

  From that time on, Tae had been one of the only people in school who had seen color.. besides Namjoon. Tae and Joon had been together since grade eight, so- three years starting today?

  Yeah, Namjoon started school on the same day that we all started eight grade. He had moved over the summer and came to our school, ever since then we had all been friends.

  You barely ever catch Joon and Tae alone, they're always together. Sometimes I just leave and let them be, they can't have a third wheel at all times anyways. I always wonder when I will find my soulmate as well.

  I guess you could say that I'm jealous of them. I'm jealous of the cute notes that Joon writes Taehyung all the time. I wish I had someone who would kiss my cheek before heading to another class or someone I could hug for hours and never let out of my reach. I want someone to spoil and love, and never let go.

  So when the hell will I see color? I'm in the eleventh grade and the only color I ever see is black and white. Sometimes, the power couple forgets that I can't see shit and they say dumb things to me like "Would blue be a good color to wear to the dance?" Or "What's your favorite color?" I always answer with "Red. And black."

  I say it's red in a sarcastic way, but the way everyone who sees color explains it reminds me of a warm spring day. People say that it's a very dominant and fierce color and I like to listen about it. The color sounds powerful, and I like things with a little control. So, I like red.

  I just wish that one day I could actually see it. But when will the day come? Never, most likely. At this point I'm sixteen, almost seventeen, and I haven't seen a damn thing.

  I want to see color and I want to find my soulmate and they come in a package, too. I just wish my package would deliver faster.

  Today is the new school year for my junior year and if Cupid doesn't shoot someone soon, I may shoot him instead.

  I put my bag on my back and I hustle out of the door and walk towards my Kia and I stop for a second to look at the house next to mine. I see a moving truck in the driveway of the two story house and I squint my eyes to look further, seeing a woman getting into her car.

  I guess we must have new neighbors moving in. I hadn't noticed from being cooped into my room the whole summer. Nobody really made plans with me, what would I do?

  Sometimes I left to go to a coffee shop with my little brother and sometimes I would go to the gym alone and just work out until sweat would basically start drowning me.

  So no, I didn't know that we had people moving in next to us. Hopefully they aren't as annoying as the last people. They were terrible. They threw parties every Friday and we would get drunk people in our yard, passed out and puke covering them as they lay on our grass.

  As things got too far, my mom called and complained. Soon enough they got kicked out and I hadn't seen them since. I guess it's a good thing that they aren't there, but I sometimes miss the good songs they would play.

When I make it to the school, I sigh loudly to myself and I turn off the switch to my car. Here's to another shitty year of school with no color and with no soulmate.

~

Yes?

Or

No?

~