I - The Blackwater

Lady Katherine rode with the cavalry into battle. She was a skilled rider, and an adept archer. Her black skirts billowed in the wind whilst she rode on, and her gold armor clinked against the saddle. Her midnight black steed, Diamond, led the archers behind the swordsmen and the vanguard.

She looked up at the stars that had materialized as night had fallen. They had been riding for hours, uncertain of what state they would find the capital city.

It was a calm and quiet evening, save the pounding of the horses hooves and the clanking of swords and armor. As the Tyrell and Lannister forces neared the mud gate, more sounds joined those of the quiet night. Katherine heard shouts and screams, and cries to the gods. She heard swords plunging into the hearts of men, and she saw the what remained of the fleet of the iron stag, which had been raised to the surface of the bay.

It was no secret that King's Landing had an ample supply of wildfire. It was rumored during Robert's Rebellion that King Aerys had barrels stocked under the Red Keep, the Sept of Baelor, and the Dragonpit. From what Katherine had heard, Tyrion Lannister was a very clever man, despite his small stature. Rumors of the imp of Casterly Rock spread from the wall to Dorne, and from the Narrow Sea to the Sunset sea.

Katherine's breath caught in her throat as she snapped out of her thoughts. By the looks of it, they had barely reached the city in time. Katherine led her men to a small hill, where they positioned themselves to best hit the Stag's men, though with everyone covered in thick mud, it was quite hard to differentiate.

Grasping an arrow from her quiver, she loaded her bow and drew it back, and heard her men do the same. Upon raising her bow and holding for a moment, she cried, "Loose!" as she fired the arrow. She saw it hit her target, one of Stannis' men, a hundred yards away. She smirked, her eyes gleaming in the light of the fires. Nothing felt better than perfection.

~~~

After several hours, Stannis' men were either dead or fleeing with their tails between their legs. Tywin Lannister summoned a troop of his men and along with his commanders, made his way to the throne room. Breathless and sweating, and covered in the blood of other men, Katherine walked in after the host and stood by her brother Loras. The troop parted down the center as Lord Tywin walked in triumphantly. Loras shook off his helm, letting his soft brown curls hang loose around his face. Queen Cersei, who sat on the throne with her young son, Tommen, stood quickly at the sight of her father, a mysterious potion falling from her hand and shattering on the floor beside the throne.

Lord Tywin too removed his helm, as he walked further into the throne room

Lord Tywin too removed his helm, as he walked further into the throne room. "The battle is over," He announced to his daughter. "We have won!" The lioness smiled at him, and kissed her cub's head.

Though covered in sweat, blood and a small wound on his forehead, Lord Tywin stood proud and tall. Something about him in that moment made Katherine smirk ever so slightly.

Catching sight of his sister's features, Loras turned to her and asked, "is he your next target, dear sister?"

Katherine chastised him quietly. "Of course not!" She whispered back, as a light blush creeped across her cheeks. She shook her head. Never would she ever let herself fall in love with a lion.

Unfortunately, she failed.