Thunder Strikes

I hate the rain. So dark and mysterious. To some people calming the way it trickles and falls. It cast a spell on others making them tired. I have never been fond of the rain always thinking it was a sign that something bad was going to happen. "No." I thought to myself. "you think about this every time and every time it turns out fine." (Obviously that's not true cause then why would I write such a thing.)I try to keep my mind off things by reading. However I keep hearing the familiar pitter-patter of the rain drops hitting the windows and the streets. My family is cheap so we don't own a TV. So I walk down the hall to do something else.

           I stop at my little sister room. Her walls splashed bubble gum pink, white borders secured the walls in place. She had dolls lined up against the wall. Barbies and baby dolls alike stayed in the pink adored room. I leaned in the doorway watching her play. So innocent, so sweet. oh sweet "What you doin' Madeline?" I ask. She looks up and smiles the sweetest smile a 5 year old girl could have. "Playin'" I sit on her bed with you guessed it, bubble gum pink bedding. She continued playing with her doll house. I watched her play house and she marries Barbie and Ken. I decided to play too figuring it could help ease my mind. We ended up playing for hours. Because as soon as I heard the door open I knew I did not have to worry anymore.

    Madeline and I jump up and race to the front door. However instead of our Mom standing in the door way it was this man. He looked up and said the words one doesn't want to hear on a day like this, "I'm sorry to say but your mother will not be able to make it home. At all." By the sound of his voice I could tell it was my uncle from my dead beat Dads side. However, why is here doing this? Wouldn't it be a police officer?Also what's that red mark on his shirt? One more thing how did he open the locked door with out a key?