A Vow Made Unbroken

When you make a vow to someone that means a lot to you, your first thought is to keep that vow forever. It wouldn't even cross your mind to break that vow. Love makes you think and do crazy things. Like breaking a vow you made with your best friend.

*Past* Pete's P.O.V

"Patrick, you have to promise me something, okay?" I said, looking at my bestfriend.

"Yeah, okay Petey. What is it?" Patrick replied with a small smile.

"We won't let anything get in our way until we make it big. No interruptions. No girls, no drugs, no nothing."

"Whoa, are you saying....no S.E.X?" Patrick laughed.

I decided that Patrick needed a hard slap on the head. " Don't say that...things could magically pop up..." I started.

"You mean like your little friend?" he said grinning, ignoring the slap i gave him.

"Shut up! That's not what I meant and you know it!" I told him, a blush creeping up my neck.

"Wow, not only is the great player Pete Wentz giving up girls, he's also grinning as bright as a red tomato! I never thought I'd see the day ladies and gentlemen."

" I'm serious. We have to give this band our all. So promise me. It will always be us two and this band, and one day, we'll be playing for the world."

"Okay Petey. Whatever you say." Patrick agreed and laughed, looping his pinky finger through mine.

"Patrick, I'm being serious."

I knew he finally believed me when his grin slipped into an understanding smile.

I don't know if Patrick knew how serious I was when I made him say this vow, but I meant every word of it and I couldn't have picked a better person to make this oath with. I only wish I would have followed through with it...