Cast 3

Cress Williams: Jefferson Michael Pierce / Black Lightning A principal of Garfield High School

A principal of Garfield High School. Older twin brother of Connie. Son of great undercover journalist Alvin Pierce who was murdered by Tobias Whale after his father expose Tobias's secretly criminal business with 100 crime organizations and ASA experiments on kids and put them on disappeared during in 1987 since Jefferson and Connie's childhood. Jefferson and Connie were raising by their father's brother figure and childhood best friend Peter Gambi after their father died. Former Olympic athlete with his childhood best friends and Connie during 1990s. He became superhero Black Lightning since he was 16. He have ability to harness and manipulate electricity as he got incredible increase enhanced powers. His electric powers is color powder blue. He married his childhood crush Lynn and having two children Anissa and Jennifer. He retired being Black Lightning during 2009. Jefferson secretly mentor Static Shock and his friends. Nine years later 100 gang member kidnap his daughters, it made him return his double life as legendary superhero Black Lightning.

 Nine years later 100 gang member kidnap his daughters, it made him return his double life as legendary superhero Black Lightning

China Anne McClain: as Jennifer Pierce / Lightning
High school junior. Younger daughter of Jefferson and Lynn. Ones of female track star. Ones of Virgil and Sharon's childhood best friends. Younger sister of Anissa. Niece of Connie. She also possesses powers where her cells start generating energy; her electric power is orange unlike her father's which is powder  blue. First love/True love/love of childhood best friend/first crush Khalil Payne's life. She's party animal. She having wild side like Mikey from TMNT. But she genuinely cares about her family and friends. She protect people she care about from danger.