Five

I woke up to a loud, manly scream.

Sweat beads had accumulated on my forehead, I quickly wiped them and shot out of bed.

The screams continued.

I bolted to my parents room to see my father on his knees, holding my mother in his lap.

"What..." I started, but I couldn't finish. My mother looked lifeless, and pale. I'd always said I hated her, but it scared me that she looked dead.

"GO TO NIKO'S AND ASK HIM FOR AN ADRENALINE SHOT!" My father shouted at me,

"But... I've already been this week," I stuttered.

"JUST FUCKING GO, TELL HIM I'LL PAY HIM LATER, BUT WE NEED IT NOW! FUCKING HURRY, BROOKE!"

My heart quickly palpitated, he actually called me by my name.

I stood in the doorway for a long second, smiling. Then I quickly snapped back to reality and ran.

~

I may be fat, but I'm not slow. I ran as hard as I could and refused to slow down.

"Adrenaline shot, adrenaline shot, adrenaline..." I repeated in my mind as I approached Niko's house.

I hopped onto his porch and ran right in without knocking.

"Niko! I need an adrenaline shot, now!" I spotted him on the couch in a blue silk robe with a cigarette in his mouth, thrusting into a thin lady with her legs flailing in the air.

"Don't let the ash drop onto me!" She moaned out loudly,

"NIKO!!!" I shouted again,

"Alright, god dammit." He said calmly, he slowly got up and flicked his cigarette ash on the ground.

I quickly followed him to the kitchen where he opened the fridge and pulled out a syringe.

"Money?" He asked with a smile,

"My dad will pay later, my mom is dying." I quickly spat,

I took the syringe and turned, but was stopped by a soft, gentle hand on my waist.

I turned back to him slowly, he planted a wet kiss on my cheek.

"Have him pierce it through her chest, into the heart. Hurry gorgeous." He whispered into my ear,

I nodded then turned to run out, catching a glimpse at the lady on the couch, her ribs showed and she wore a wig, pushing a needle through her arm.