Reunion Part 3

I know I did part one and two but... I just want to see the Dregs be parents, is it such a crime?

Anyone else really excited for the show? I just finished Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm, but I lowkey liked Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom way better.

Also, I got a bearded dragon and named him Kaz... should I be disappointed in myself?

Enjoy!

It was Solstice Eve and the Fahey mansion was buzzing with activity. Colm was going to be at the house in a few hours and everything still wasn't prepared.

Wylan groaned and ran his hands through his hair, fighting against a mental breakdown. Food still needed to be cooked and things still needed to be cleaned.

A kiss to the back of his neck had him calming down and he turned to face Jesper.

"Don't worry, Wy. Everything will be fine."

Wylan shrugged and hugged Jesper. "Are you so sure?"

"If you think everything is gonna go wrong, you'll never see anything that goes right."

Wylan just laughed quietly. "You're right. We should go help in the kitchens."

The servants turned their offer down. They refused to let Wylan and Jesper help prepare, even though they allowed Meren and Jordan to help bake cookies.

Wylan growled in annoyance and collapsed on the couch beside Kaz. 

Kaz was watching Kallium as he played with a small, wind-up toy dog and holding Hope while she slept. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is done and everything is wrong and-"

"Calm down, Wy. Everything will get done."

"I just want everything to look nice. Colm is coming to meet Hope and I don't want the house to look bad."

"Colm loves you. He doesn't care about fancy decorations or seven-course meals. All he cares about is you and Jesper and Kallium and Hope. Don't be worried."

Wylan nodded, but he wasn't convinced. 

****

Kaz was just as excited as everybody else to see Colm. When the man raced into the foyer, Kaz stood to greet him, letting the man take Hope from his arms.

"Grandpa Colm!" Jayleth shouted, racing down the steps. Maezon followed after her, sliding down the banister.

Colm laughed and hugged the two children. "Hey, you two. I missed you guys."

Meren and Jordan raced in from the kitchen, Kallium running/crawling after them.

After a few seconds, Colm was holding all six children and didn't seem to mind at all.

"It's like when you and Inej and Jes and Wylan and Nina and Matthias were all teenagers again."

Kaz coughed. "Let's not-"

"You were the worst of them, Kaz. You were always getting into trouble. I considered hitting you in the head with a rock more than once."

Jayleth giggled at that. "What about when he and my mom were being romantic?"

"Your father doesn't know how to be romantic, Jayleth. He couldn't flirt with a brick wall if he tried."

Maezon snorted with laughter. "Mama said he was the best boy she had ever met."

Colm rolled his eyes. "Your mama doesn't set very high standards."

Jesper appeared from down the hall, tugging a reluctant Wylan behind him. Jesper hugged his father and the kids scrambled away, Meren and Jordan rushing to Kaz's side.

"Jes! My boy, how I missed you."

Jesper smiled, squeezing his father tightly. "I missed you, too, Da."

Wylan started backing up slowly, but Colm had released Jesper and was holding a shocked Wylan by the shoulders.

"Wylan! I haven't seen you since the wedding. You've grown so much! You finally started eating enough and your skin is the right color again!"

Wylan blushed and squeaked, "Thanks."

"Aren't you going to give your father-in-law a hug?"

Wylan didn't reply, just embraced Colm and stood beside Kaz. 

Dinner went alright and the kids practically begged Colm for stories. He talked to the children happily, his shoulders and posture relaxed.

At the end of the night, Kaz was heading towards his room in the Fahey mansion when he heard Wylan say, "Thank you for coming to see the children."

Colm smiled. "It was my pleasure. I'm glad to be here."

Kaz couldn't suppress a smile. His family was happy and so was he.

This is late and I lost motivation and inspiration, but here's a new chapter. Colm's appearance was requested by the wonderful devonnj1. I'm super excited for King of Scars, even if I'm not even halfway done with R&R. I wanted to re-read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom, but one of my friends has my paperback copy of Six of Crows and another has my Crooked Kingdom paperback edition. I could read from my hardbacks but they are so gorgeous and I couldn't live with myself if I ruined them.

Kaz (my lizard) has started shedding and he's kinda upset about it. He hates bathing like it's the plague (haha) and doesn't like the cats. He really wants to go outside, but he'd freeze to death because it's basically Antarctica here. I'm gonna get him a leash in the summer when it feels like the Sahara Desert. My cat wants to eat him I think and that's not good. He likes my hair because it's bright pink and he always cuddles up on my neck.

I hope y'all are having a fabulous 2019 if I haven't already said that. I forget when my last update was.

If you want to request a Six of Crows/ Grishaverse themed drawing, head on over to my Instagram @kay.art_72 and send me a personal message or message me on here and I will find a way to send it to you.

~Kay