Chapter 2 ~ We got her Lauser ~

"Lolo?" Camila shook her older sister awake. The older woman rolled over, coming face to face with her sister. "Hey, nugget. Sleep well?" Lauren asked, covering her mouth as she let out a yawn. The little girl nodded in response.

"Lolo, I hungry," Camila babbled her stomach growling, which was met with the grumbling of Lauren's stomach. "Okay, let's grab breakfast," Lauren says, getting out of bed whilst picking up her sister as they made their way down to the kitchen. Lauren poured the girl some cereal into a bowl and they both ate happily. Lauren had work that day so she was gonna drop off Camila at her friend's shared apartment. Camila hungrily devoured her breakfast, well most of it, the rest of it going onto her pyjamas. Lauren laughed while the little girl pouted, getting up to grab some wipes.

As she did that, Lauren looked at the time, cursing under her breath after realizing that she had to get ready for work and drop off Mila at her friends' place. "Come on, nugget, we have to get you dressed." It was if everything was kicked into overdrive the moment the adult reached her sister. Taking her back upstairs, she put mila in a white t-shirt and a pair of blue overalls, throwing her clothes into the laundry as she quickly got ready, throwing on whatever was clean and appropriate for herself, helping her sister brush her teeth before they rushed out into the car.

"Phone, keys, wallet, Mila's toys, bag," Lauren mumbled as she then clipped Mila into her car seat and drove. The older Jauregui sped through traffic to drop her off, not wanting to be late for work. Lauren worked at a hospital as a nurse-in-training, and despite her age, she was able to graduate early for her intellect was extraordinary. Lauren knocked on the door to the apartment and was greeted by Normani who took the three-year-old from Laurens' arms.

"All her stuff is in the bag, don't give her too much sugar or she will get restless later, and tell Dinah not to ruin her innocence," Lauren joked, panting slightly from the exertion.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of her," Normani spoke while poking Camila's nose, which caused her to make a face.

"Alright, I'm leaving. Be good, okay?" Lauren muttered to Mila.

Camila squirmed in Normani's arms. She didn't want her Lolo to leave. Lauren pecked Camila's cheek and was out in a flash. Camila's lip began to wobble as she cried for her big sister.

"I no want Lolo to leave!" the girl sobbed. Normani quickly calmed her down, sitting her on the couch she turned on the TV, flipping onto the kid's channel. 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' soon started to play on the screen as Ally came into the room, letting out a laugh seeing camila mesmerized by the TV, briefly breaking out of the trance to turn her attention to Ally, smiling wide.

"Hi Awwe", the older girl gave the little one a squeeze and then a few tickles making the girl laugh. Dinah joined in the fun and teased at Ally making more giggles bubble up from the 3-year-old, Camila's face quickly contorted into one of concern, which Ally noticed. "What's wrong, Mila?" Ally asked the young girl, who pointed to her overalls. "Wet," Dinah and Ally looked at each other. "Oh Lauren must've forgotten to put a Pull-Up on ya," Dinah spoke, "I'll change her" she grabbed an extra pull up from Mila's backpack and took the toddler to the bathroom, quickly changing her and then placing the girl on her shoulders. "DJ funny," Camila giggled.

~~

Soon, it was lunchtime. Ally made a Peanut butter and banana sandwich with a side of carrots while Normani scooped the Camila up from playing with her toys, making her whine. "Mila don't pout you have to eat," Normani said pulling the little girl her onto lap. Camila ate her sandwich, but left the carrots, making a face. "Mila, can you please eat these?" Dinah said pointing to the toddler's plate, Camila frowned then shook her head

"Come on, eat at least 3 of them then you can go play" Ally coaxed "NO!" Camila yelled wiggling out of Normani's lap as she started to throw a tantrum, screaming and running all over the apartment and sending the girls on a wild goose chase, which ended with Dinah successfully catching the girl and picking her up.

"Looks like someone needs to sit on time-out." Normani sighed as the little girl was brought to the corner.

Dinah went over to the girl after a while and got down to her level. "Now Mila, you know better than to not throw a tantrum; especially when it's only about carrots." Camila sniffled, wiping her nose. "I sowwy, DJ" Camila whispered. "It's okay, do you want to go eat your carrots, and then we can go play?" Camila nodded and went to finish her food.

~~

After they played for a little while, Dinah put the little one down for a nap on the couch. Ally grabbed Camila's blankie and sang to the girl while Normani prepared a sippy cup of milk. She brought the warm milk to the toddler who was fighting sleep and she took it eagerly, drinking it. The warm drink made Mila's eyes heavier and she succumbed to sleep. The 3 adults cooed at how cute she looked, taking a quick picture and sending it to Lauren.

~~

Later that day, Lauren came back to pick up her sister, exhausted from work letting herself with the spare key she had to find Mila fast asleep on the couch. She then saw Mila squirming so she picked her up. "Hey, nugget," Camila didn't respond but instead nuzzled into Lauren's neck she patted the girl's back.

"Lolo" she says rubbing her eye "hey, it's okay go back to sleep" Lauren whispered, holding her sister close as she just fell asleep. Lauren glanced at her three best friends fast asleep, chuckling to herself when she nudged the girls awake, only to be greeted with groans of protest and abrupt awakenings. "Oh, thank God" Ally blurted, flopping back onto the couch. "How was work?" Dinah asked. "Exhausting, but it's worth it if it means providing for Mila. Did you have a fun day with them Mila?" Lauren asked the toddler who was resting on her shoulder, Camila responded with a small nod. "Okay then we're gonna head home, thanks for watching her." "No problem," "Anytime" the girls chimed.

~~~~~

The Jauregui sisters arrived home. Camila was wide awake now and running around Lauren was able to distract the girl in the living room with a movie while she made dinner, Lauren peeked into the living room when she was done cooking to see Camila engrossed by the TV show. With a shake of her head, she picked up the girl to eat, only to make her whine. Camila obediently ate her food, then wandered off to continue the rest of the movie.

When it finished Lauren brought Camila's PJs to the living room. "Bath time, Mila." Camila turned to her sister, whining again as she didn't want to go to bed or have her bath.

"Mila, come here" Lauren sat on the couch and waited for the girl, but the young sibling was as stubborn as a donkey. "No!" Camila decided to make a break for it again but was scooped up by Lauren and brought upstairs. She tried to fight the fact that she had to get ready for bed but calmed down when she saw the bubble bath and the toys floating around the tub.

Mila was bathe without any protests and was soon dressed in her yellow onesie, her hair soon dried by Lauren as she then put her to bed. Mila was still adamant about not wanting to sleep, but she started to yawn. "Don't whine, Mila, or you won't be getting a bedtime story. She noticed her sister perk up at the idea of storytime as Lauren grabbed a book and began to read to her.

"Lolo, can I play with Awwe, Mani and DJ tomowwow?" Camila whispered to her sister. Lauren chuckled, finishing the story and tucking her sister into bed, kissing her head. "We'll see. Goodnight, Mila, sweet dreams," she turned the light out, giving Mila her milk in a sippy cup before she left to go to bed herself. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank's for reading!

Comment and vote

Suggest some ideas

Next chapter  = Next week