My Army Will Rise

But after that one little midnight meetup with the werewolves, Alison never really interacted with them again. She did see them from time to time, but it was only ever in passing and they were always in human form, now making especially sure to be far away from her neck of the woods whenever a full moon rolled in. Then, in the rare events that they did meet face to face, the werewolves would always intentionally avoid speaking to her. Whether it was from fear or anger, Alison didn't know. All she knew was that whenever she saw them, they were always mysteriously busy looking at something in the opposite direction. For that, Alison never actually got to see what their human faces looked like, or what their human voices sounded like. She didn't really mind that much, though, because, to be fair, she never had much to say to them either.

Or at least, that was what she told herself. Even though life carried on the same as always, Alison still couldn't forget about what the brothers had said about other chosen people, beyond regular servants, living in the mansion. The vampire actually desperately wanted to talk to the werewolves about this matter, but she could tell from the way that they always avoided her that even reaching out to them to ask the question was going to be hard. Besides, even if she did manage to get them to stay around her long enough to chat, there was still no guarantee that she would get an answer out of them, let alone one that was honest and clear. But despite her low odds of success, Alison's curiosity finally got the best of her.

Alison made sure to tell JPG that she was going to be busy with Dorian tonight and vice versa because she did not want to arouse any suspicion, nor did she want another fight. Instead, once again, she went alone through the mansion's estate, headed to where the groundskeepers lived with nothing but herself and the dress on her back. To her, that would be a clear sign of only wanting a conversation, and not wanting to start another fight. And it was not a full moon tonight, so Alison knew the werewolves would be in their human form. For that, she hoped that maybe she could talk some sense in to them and clarify upon just what they had meant when they had told her that she was not the first person to live here. She knew it was foolishness to try and pursue answers from them, especially after how she'd treated them last time they met, but she still wanted to try.

Besides, Alison wasn't just going to visit the werewolves to get answers. She did also feel obligated to apologize for their first interaction. Though they had been very rude to her, even going so far as to try and kill her, she still didn't have to be so aggressive with them either. She'd just lost her head in the heat of the fight! So not only was she going to the wolves again to ask questions, she was also going to try and make peace with them and apologize for her own violent actions. Alison still had a very good heart, and she disliked leaving issues unresolved, especially when there was a chance for peace. She had yet to try and talk to these werewolves on their terms, so she had yet to know whether or not peace was possible.

Sadly, Alison would never get to find out if reconciliation was possible or not because, halfway through her walk over to their part of the estate, someone else cut her off. It all started when she felt a gun being dug into the back of her head. In tandem, a voice, with a very strong accent, gave her a rather simple, but chilling, ultimatum.

"Come quietly, or I blow your brains out!" and Alison decided to comply. Though she was a vampire and, thusly, really hard to kill, Alison still wasn't immortal and she didn't want to take her chances with a gun that was pressed directly into the back of her skull. Besides, even if she did somehow survive such a direct hit, it would probably hurt a lot, so Alison decided not to resist this time. Instead, she took her unseen attacker at his word and allowed him to lead her in another direction, silently cursing her miserable luck all the while.

"Now I don't know you who are, little missy, nor do I care to find out," the man growled as he continued to lead Alison on, gun still digging into the back of her head. "But the Dark Army will never prevail over my glorious Confederate soldiers! Arlyn is a fool if he thinks sending one little spy, such as yourself, is going to do him any good. Tonight's victory is mine! My army will rise, triumphant and supreme!"