Chapter 21

STLL NOT OVER JOHNNY AW AW AW AW AW AW AW

DAMMIT

GUYSSSSSSSSSSS

IM SAD

ENJOY BABES

************************************

We stumbled in the back door, the two of us giggling and soaking wet.

"That was actually...."

"....really fun," Milan finished. His dark, sopping hair hung low on his forehead. He smiled and I did too.

"Let's dry off," I nodded. He pressed his lips to my temple. I went into the bedroom and grabbed sweats and t-shirts for both of us. Then we both went into the bathroom. I tossed Milan a towel and he grinned as he dried his hair off. He tossed the towel to me and I dried my hair off. He changed quickly and so did I. The house was warm, and the two of us went into the man-cave. We sat on the couch, and Milan cuddled me close to his chest. I nuzzled up to him.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked, yawning. He smiled.

"Yeah, let's see what's on TV," he suggested. I flicked on the TV, and the first thing I saw was The Bourne Identity. Milan nodded. We both loved Matt Damon.

"I love Matt Damon," we said simultaneously. We both laughed, and Milan adjusted his position. He put his head on my chest and smiled.

"What?" I asked softly.

"I love hearing your heartbeat. It's, well...reassuring, I guess."

I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me. My cheek pressed against his damp hair.

"On a scale of one to a child getting a puppy, how happy are you to be getting back on the ice in a couple months?" I asked, rubbing little circles on his back with my hand.

"A six year old girl getting a pony," he laughed. I brushed a strand of wet hair from his forehead.

"I'm really excited for this season."

"Same," he yawned into my skin. His body heat radiated onto me. Before I knew it, Milan's breathing changed and I immediately knew he was asleep. So I had him asleep on my chest, and I was watching him more than this damn movie.

"I love you, Looch. I really do."

******************************

Milan's POV

I woke up with Dax wrapped around me. Her arms were around my waist and her head buried in my chest. I shifted slightly. A sleepy smile came over her face.

"My big teddy bear," she mumbled. I kissed her head.

"Yeah, teddy bear," I laughed softly. I brushed a strand of dark hair from her forehead. I sighed and kissed her head again. This was...this was real. She was my everything. Dakota meant the world to me. Before I met her, everything was just so...fucked up. It was the same shit but a different day. A different girl every night. Booze on my breath, hangovers. But never cocaine or drugs. But I used the booze to keep myself high. It was a high for me, every night, just to keep my mind off life. Yeah, I had hockey. But this side...this was the real me, the me that people didn't see. I wasn't some class act. I was a drunk, and essentially a man-whore. But everything changed when she walked into my life. Absolutely everything.

*flashback*

"Well, do you speak?" The ATC was absolutely stunning. She was a tall brunette with shoulder-length hair and gorgeous hazel eyes.