Heart Wants

Shane woke up from the strange dream that had been replaying for the last week. Tessy. She had cared for him and he had cared for her, till he left. He had never kept him promise, after he had left he had become famous on YouTube and Tessy had become a lost memory. Tessy Beech.

But why had she come back now? Shane rubbed his eyes, tired. She had been keeping him awake for ages. Shane had hate living in the shelters, Tessy had been there for him from the beginning. She had moved to the pavement at the same time he did and to the shelter with him.

He got up, stripped down and jumped in the shower, letting the hot water massage his tense back. His hair stuck to his face as he showered, really annoying him. When he came out he quickly changed into a checked shirt and jeans before sitting in front of his giant mirror. He grabbed his hair-dryer and blew his hair into a messy puffy mess. Then he grabbed his Target hair-straighteners and blasted the heat through them as he burnt his hair into submission.  He looked up and saw himself, but as the scared kid who left Tessy at the pavement. He jumped and he saw himself, scared and confused.

He went downstairs, into his living room and was met by his mother opening fan-mail. Shane smiled, seeing a giant picture of himself somebody had painted, it was so detailed it looked like a photo. His mother looked up as he descended the final step, her face changing from happy to concerned.

"Honny is something wrong?" She put down the picture, pulling him down onto the sofa. 

"That obvious?" She nodded, grabbing his hand and rubbing small circles into it.

"I keep having dreams about living in the shelter and leaving Tessy behind. Is this normal?" He looked up with a lost expression at the woman who pulled him in for a hug.

"I remember when you wouldn't stop talking about going back for her. Do you still have it?" By it she was referring to the gift she had given him before he had left. Shane nodded and pulled the metal locket out of under shirt. She had given him a necklace with a locket, inside was a single picture of him and her, posing like idiots in a picture booth when they had found a dollar on the floor. He opened the locket and stared lovingly at the photo.

"You need to find her Shane. You feel that you have abandoned her and your heart wants to fix that" She spoke with the wisdom of his grandma. Shane nodded, silent. He rose from the seat and went out, the first place to look being the shelter. The drive was weird, he had ran so far from it. He drove out to Long-beach, calling Kate. They had been friends forever and after hearing of his mission, she offered him a place to stay.

Shane dropped his car off at Kate's house and walked to the shelter. His feet slowed as he grew closer. He stopped in front of it, remembering the horrible things that went on behind the glass doors. Little had changed, the sign had faded, paint chipping in places and a couple of letters were missing. His stomach clenched as he pushed open the door. It creaked really loudly, alerting the woman who was looking after a 16 year old. She let the child go and walked over to him.

"Your Shane Dawson?!?" She barely contained her excitement of meeting the famous YouTuber. Shane smiled.

"Hello. I am Shane Dawson, I used to live here. I'm looking for someone, does a Tessy Beech live here?" The woman looked over a small clip-board.

"I'm sorry Mr Dawson, but no-one under that name lives here at the present time, would you like me to check the old records?" Shane nodded and the woman disappeared, leaving Shane on his own. Shane vlogged his mission, hoping that she had gotten out and was watching him, asking if anybody knew her to contact him. He hoped it could help in this personal quest he had set himself.

The woman returned, a file in her hands.

"I found this file on Tessy Beech" She handed it to him and Shane opened it. A picture of Tessy with her piercing green eyes staring back at him. Her brown hair flowing like a wave over her shoulders with the emo fringe he now possessed. 

It only said that a year after he had left, she had checked out. It had an address written on it and Shane copied the address down, thanking the woman as he left. It was a place not far from here, a few blocks. Shane walked the distance, his speed increasing until he was running.

The door was red with musical notes flowing from the peep hole. The knocker as an old lion head and Shane bashed it on the door, the door opened and revealed....