23

"Get you crusty hands away from my fries!" I say slapping Lauren's hand away.

"Mani, give me some!" Lauren tries again and I slap it again.

"Get your own!" I pull the fries closer to me putting them out of her reach. Lauren glares at me, then starts reaching for Alessia's fries getting her hand slapped away as well.

"What friends you guys are" Lauren huffs. I hear my phone ding from my pocket and pull it out.

Nick Robinson:
So we're on for this evening right?

We were supposed to go to the movies last Saturday but Lauren's parents asked me to stay home and watch her while they went out for dinner. So we rescheduled the movie for Friday night.

Normani:
Of course. Ready to eat some candy!!

I put my phone away and glance across the lunch room at Dinah. I shake my head and turn away.

It's been exactly a week since I've last talked to Dinah. Sometimes she catches me staring at her, sometimes I catch her staring at me. But neither one of us dare to saying anything first.

In all honesty I missed her, beyond belief. The way she'd make me laugh, the way she'd make me smile, even the way her skin felt against mine.

I loved her, well, love her. I just can't get the words that she said to Lauren out of my head. And I know she said the words to get back at Lauren, but the fact that she said it in front of me didn't help the situation.

All I know is, whatever we had is over and I have to move on. We're not meant to be together and it shows.

-

"Alright Normani, choose your poison" Nick says looking at the candy. I rub my fingers together licking my lips.

"Hot Tamales, definitely" I say smiling.

"What about you hose boy?" Nick says looking at his little brother. Tyler glares at him. It was a long car ride with these two bickering.

"Don't call me that rat boy" Tyler huff. I laugh.

"You both are gonna have some great childhood memories" I smile. Tyler quickly chooses what he wants and we make our way through theater and find a seats in the middle.

Nick hands me my candy and sits next to me while Tyler decides to sit on the other side of me. I turn to look at him.

"You don't want to sit next to your brother?" I question. Tyler shakes his head.

"I'd rather chill with you" Tyler winks. I playfully roll my eyes and turn to Nick.

"Your brother here is a real flirt" I joke. Nick chuckles.

"I don't know where he gets it from" We sit and watch the previews, and soon I have the urge to pee. I excuse myself and walk out pushing the theater door open and it swings open as I push almost making me trip.

"Woah, be careful ther- Mani?" I catch my balance and look up to see the one person I was hoping, yet dreading, to see.

"Dinah? What are you doing here?" I question.

"I'm here to watch a movie" She says quickly. I raise my eyebrow.

"By yourself?" Dinah shakes her head.

"No, well actually I'm-" She's interrupted by some girl.

"Here's your popcorn babe" The girl hands the popcorn to Dinah and smiles.

"Thanks" Dinah takes it from her and looks at me. "Uh, this is my date Ryan Destiny" I look the girl up and down and put on a fake smile.

"I would ask to see if you have a specific type Dinah Jane, but it seems it's very obvious you're into chocolate" I state looking the Ryan chick up and down. "Excuse me" I walk back inside and take my seat between the Robinson boys.

Dinah and her hoe walk inside and decide to sit right behind us. I roll my eyes and face forward waiting for the movie to start.

"Are you alright?" Nick questions. I nod and smile. "Of course" The movie begins and we both face forward.

As the movies going on, I can hear giggling coming from behind me. I turn around to see Dinah whispering something in Ryan's ear making her laugh quietly. I roll my eyes and face forward back to the movie.

After a few minutes I hear the same giggling again. God, I can't take this shit. I tap Nicks shoulder and he looks at me confused. I lean in and whisper in his ear.

"Just go with it" I pull away and place my hand on the side of his face before connecting our lips. I deepen it for a quick second before pulling away and wiping my lip.

I glance at Dinah before smirking and turning around. Nick stands up quickly and looks at Tyler

"Tyler, lets go. We're leaving" I look at Tyler and he looks at Nick confused. "Now!" He whisper aggressively. Tyler glances at me before standing up and following Nick out of the theater.

What the hell? I glance up at Dinah and the hoe and they're both staring at me. I quickly get up and walk out of the theater. I make it to the lobby and look around looking for Nick and Tyler.

I notice them walking out the doors and I quickly run after them. I catch up to Nick and grab his arm making him stop and look at me.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you leaving?" I question. Nick glances a Tyler before digging in is wallet and handing him five dollars.

"Go play a game inside" Tyler quickly snatched the money and runs inside.

"So what's the problem?" I question. Nick crosses his arms.

"The problem is, I'm not going to be used like some pawn for your own benefit" I tilt my head confused.

"What are you talking about?" Nick shakes his head.

"You kissed me out of nowhere and then after you pulled away, you looked at Dinah with a little smirk. Now, I know you two have had that stupid rivalry since middle school but I'm not going to let you use me" Nick states. I nod and bite my lip.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just she came in there all smug and it just got to me. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or use you. I promise I won't do it again" I stick my pinky up in the air. "I pinky promise you"

Nick glances at the finger before sighing and and wrapping his pinky around it.

"Now I'm fine with helping you with your rival situation, but I just need to be in on it. And to be in on it, I need to know everything" I look at him nervously.

"Everything?" I question. He nods.

"Everything"