man of science | s. reid

2.25.23
word count: 434

"Look at his jawline." You say, looking across your desk, as Prentiss and J.J. stand next to you.

"Y/n, I can hear you." Spencer says, turning to face you, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm aware." You laugh, pulling another file out to sign.

"Flirting with your boyfriend again?" Morgan asks, walking up beside Spencer's desk, watching the young agent work diligently.

"You know it." You say, a smirk working it's way onto your face. You stack your files together and stand up, walking up the short flight of stairs to Hotch's office to turn in your work.

Spencer's eyes followed you as you walked up the stairs, doing that thing you do where you greet and smile at everyone you pass.

"You love her, don't you Spencer?" Emily asks, watching him follow you with his eyes.

"I thought he was just staring at her ass." Morgan says, making Spencer turn around and give him a look that was almost a glare.

"I do love her," He answered effortlessly, his smile bright as he watched you talk to Hotch. "A lot."

"I'm calling it here and now, they're going to end up married within the next two years." J.J. states, looking at Spencer as he stares at you. You wave at him through the blinds and he returns it.

The rest of the team watches, the young genius falling deeper in love with each passing second.

"Spencer, there's a Star Trek marathon on, we have to go home." You call from the top of the stairs, making their heads snap towards you as you run down the stairs, almost losing your balance multiple times.

You gather your things from your desk and take off towards the elevator. You were serious about your nerdy endeavors.

"She is the definition of perfect. And as a man of science, I do know that perfection isn't possible, but she is." He says, putting his files away and grabbing his jacket and bag.

You waited at the elevator, grabbing his hand as he came up beside you. The glass doors to the offices swung shut behind him, Rossi and Hotch leaving their offices to join the group.

"You told her about the marathon didn't you Rossi?" Morgan asks, turning to look at the older man, who nods.

"They're going to end up engaged soon." Rossi says, looking at the two endearingly.

The couple gets into the elevator, sharing a laugh at something as the rest of the team nods in agreement with Rossi.

-starting from the very beginning with the rewrites, enjoy!!! xoxo doyouevenreid