Prologue

12 YEARS AGO

"Hey, Caide! Wait up!" I would call, giggling, after my best friend, Caide. Me and that boy had the best friendship ever. We would run down the halls of my parents house, laughing and playing tag. At the end of the day we would be so tired that we couldn't even move our arms or legs. But, still we would glance over at each other, sprawled across the floor and gather up enough energy to chuckle at our tired faces. 

Caide was the one thing that gave me pure happiness. He was always there to give me a hug when I was sad, and he would always do a goofy smirk whenever we played together. His droopy ears would twitch and shake when he was about to fall asleep. His eyes always gleamed with excitement and joy. His mouth would be constantly in a wide grin. He was so happy. 

Though, every single time he would leave my house, he would turn around and say one thing: 

"May our stars pass again." 

Who knew everything would turn out as it did?

6 years ago

Talk of planet Xerkea declaring war on us was plentiful. As me and Caide walked down the once safe and joyous streets of Solaria, we both got many looks. Seeing two of the species that were soon to be at war holding hands walking down the street was quite suspicious for the noble Solarians. 

Me and Caide walked slowly, savoring each moment with each other before he had to go home. As my young innocent eyes wandered over to Caide's complexion, I saw that his face was covered in worry.

"Hey Caide, whats going on with you today?"  I exclaimed shakily.

He hesitated, "...come with me," and with that he practically dragged me over to our special meeting spot under the blue leaf tree. "Max...I've been asked to join the Xerkean force. I know I'm only 13, but I have no choice but to join. They need as many troops as possible if they are going to-" he stopped talking abruptly, realizing that he had said to much.

My heart dropped. I knew what he meant. They needed as many troops as possible if they were gonna launch an attach on Solaria. My pointy and fuzzy ears slowly lowered, and my tail began to flick back and forth rapidly. I could feel the tears welling up in my purple eyes. 

"M-max...I'm sorry-"

"NO YOU AREN'T. YOU COULD SAY NO YOU KNOW! YOU COULD RUN AWAY!" my voice softened suddenly, "...You cant d-do this to me."

I felt a warm sensation run down my cheeks rapidly. A soft hand gently caressed my cheek, wiping off my tears and ignoring the fact that they would keep coming. "I have to do this Maxie. They will kill me and everyone I love if I don't come with them. I can't let them hurt you," Caide then took a blade from his pocket and flipped it open. 

"Let me see your hand, Max," I reluctantly raised my hand from my chest and rested it in his. He took the blade and gently sliced a slit in both of our hands. I quietly winced in pain and retracted my shaking hand, but he took it once more and  laced our fingers together. As our blood mixed together, everything seemed to go silent. A slight orange glow was emitted from our clasped hands. I looked up suddenly at Caide, my eyes shiny and damp. Reflecting back at me was a face full of sorrow, a face full of  love. His yellow eyes seemed to glow under the setting suns as he told me, "We are connected now, our blood and souls runs through each others veins. No matter how far we really are, we will never, ever be apart."

With that he pulled his hand away from mine and started to walk away. My eyes slowly wandered down to my mutilated hand, and i saw that it was covered in an orange liquid. My eyes darted back to Caide. He turned his head around from about 9 feet away, smirked, and said:

"May our stars pass again, mi amor."

----*PART I COMING SOON*----