Stuck

"So.... tell me something," Kit said. He and Ty were stuck in a bloody cupboard under the stairs because someone (read: Dru) had thought it would be fun to play Truth or Dare.

"Cockroaches can withstand 200 times their body weight. They can also run up to 50 body lengths per second, 20 if they're compressed," Ty obliged. Kit gagged and looked at Ty. He shrugged and added "Cockroaches are interesting."

This only made Kit gag again as he looked away and leaned his head against the wall.

"Cockroaches are an ancient group, dating back at least as far as the Carboniferous period, some 320 million years ago. Those early ancestors however lacked the internal ovipositors of modern roaches. Cockroaches have chewing mouthparts and are likely among the most primitive of living neopteran insects. They are common and hardy insects, and can tolerate a wide range of environments from Arctic cold to tropical heat. Tropical cockroaches are often much bigger than temperate species, and, contrary to popular belief, extinct cockroach relatives and 'roachoids' such as the Carboniferous Archimylacris and the Permian Apthoroblattina were not as large as the biggest modern species," Ty continued.

It sounds like he mesmerised an article on cockroaches, Kit thought.

"Different animal," he mumbled. He wasn't really fond of cockroaches.

"Swans usually mate for life, although 'divorce' sometimes occurs, particularly following nesting failure, and if a mate dies, the remaining swan will take up with another," Ty said and Kit made an inhuman sound.

Kit couldn't have cared less because he hated swans. They were bloodthirsty beast who didn't deserve the admiration they got. Ty looked over at him surprised.

"I hate swans," Kit informed him.

A grin broke out on Ty's face, and Kit felt like his brain had just melted, before saying "You're not immune to the Herondale's random phobias of birds."

Kit grunted.

"At least I'm not afraid of ducks. Or pigeons," Kit said in defence.

"Swans are known as graceful creatures, so I don't know how you fear them," Ty stated.

Kit held up his left hand in defence. There were three long scars running across his palm.

"They're bloodthirsty beast," Kit hissed. Ty was looking wide eyed at his palm for a few seconds before he nodded.

"Well at least you have a reason, unlike Jace," Ty murmured.

"I always have a reason," Kit reassured him.

"Tell me something else about you," Ty said.

Kit looked at him for a second. He was so beautiful; especially his eyes. Kit didn't know when it had happened or how, but he had fallen hard for Tiberius Nero Blackthorn. He blushed, realising he'd been staring at Ty for about two minutes.

"I'm pansexual," Kit blurted out. Ty looked up surprised.

"I, um, don't know who my mother was. I'm pretty sure she's dead. Ever since I could walk, my dad had me picking locks and stealing. My childhood was basically working for him. I went to mundane school until I saw a pack of wolves fighting and my dad never let me go again. I was interested in photography for a while; still am. Ummm- I went to summer camp and learned how to use a bow one time. When ever my dad had clients over, I had to hide in the basement. I used to play video games while waiting. I've kissed about three girls before. I haven't kissed I guy yet... only had crushes. I um usually don't care much about the persons gender, more so they're personality," He said. Ty nodded slowly, processing all the information.

He turned to face Kit before saying "Why did you tell me all of that?"

Ty was looking him straight in the eyes, leaving Kit surprised for a second. Kit broke into a tiny grin.

"Because Tiberius Blackthorn, I couldn't lie to you if my life depended on it," he replied.

His hand had acted on its own, reaching up and pushing Ty's hair away from his eyes. A light blush creeped up onto both of the boys checks, Ty breaking eye contact. Kit swallowed, realising just how close the two of them were.

"Can I kiss you?" The question had fallen out of his mouth without his consent.

Ty's eyes widened, and he looked back up to Kit's eyes. Kit started to panic that he shouldn't have said that. What Ty did next surprised the hell out of him.

Ty leaned forward and pressed his lips to Kit's, pulling back instantly, the felling probably too new. But that didn't matter. Kit felt like he was on cloud nine. He looked back at Ty, silently asking him if he could do it again. Ty broke into a wide, goofy grin before leaning forward again, putting more pressure into the kiss. This time Kit reacted. His lips moved against Ty's causing Ty to grunt in surprise. His hands found their way into Ty's hair, glad he could finally run his fingers through it. The other boy must have thought the same thing because he was pulling at Kit's hair. They broke apart after a few minutes, both breathing hard.

"Your hair is so soft," Ty mumbled, causing them both to laugh.

"So is yours," Kit responded, running his fingers through Ty's hair.

"We should probably um, look less suspicious because one of my siblings are bound to come soon," Ty muttered, not even attempting to pull away from Kit.

"We probably should," Kit mumbled back. He pulled Ty into a quick kiss before pulling away and standing up. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to make it look less like a birds nest. He glanced over at Ty who was doing the same thing. Kit felt a blush creep up onto his cheeks realising what he had done to Ty's hair. It was an utter mess. Kit reached down and tried to straighten his shirt. He sighed and sat back down, Ty doing the same.

"We can ask Tessa and Jem about your mother, see if they know anything," Ty spoke up suddenly. Kit looked at him slightly surprised before nodding.

"That's a good idea. Thank you Ty," he said back. Ty just looked at him and smiled.

The door suddenly flew open and both boys yelled in surprise, shielding their eyes from the too bright light.

"Oh come on, did you two just talk the whole time?" they heard somebody complain. Dru.

"What else did you expect us to do Dru?" Kit asked.

He had lowered his arm, his eyes finally use to the light. Dru just huffed and turned, walking back towards the others. Kit got up holding a hand out for Ty. He kissed Ty on the cheek before letting go and walking back to the living room. Ty fell into step beside him, hands brushing. He smiled slightly.

Who would have thought that anything good would come out of truth or dare??

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

And if you were wondering, nobody found out about them. Ty got dared to hold Kit's hand for the rest of the game by Emma but that's about all. Oh and Kit was dared to prank call Tessa and Jem... which he ended by asking if they could come over tomorrow so he could ask them something. You can make the rest up.

Well HELLO!!! There is probably going to be another chapter published soon because I've almost finished writing it. This was probably crap and I haven't edited it yet.... but I needed to publish this. Feel free to request one-shots! SEE YA!!!

PS. I didn't even have to do research for the first set of cockroach facts. We did a reading at school about them and I remembered that.