Enough taking. More giving (Tressa x Therion)

(Contains some swearing.)

Tressa wasn't a nosy person, she considered herself very curious rather! Sounds much less rude then being called nosy. I mean, can someone really blame her for wanting to know more about stuff, like seeing Therion's eye?

Literally nobody in the group had seen Therion's left eye, not even in the toughest of battles where they had to move all over the place to fight back! Not even a glimpse.

His pretty locks of hair seemed to always be in the way…So that's why today Tressa decided she'd just ask him.

I mean why not?

Her and Therion are on super terms! She considers him a great friend after all…just a great friend yeah. A buddy who she loved maybe a tiny bit more then all her other friends. In a very non-platonic way mind you- but that's beside the point!

She does feel a bit anxious as she walks towards him now, the others had all clocked out for the night already. This was the best opportunity to ask, so no giving up now!

The thief is sitting under a tree, playing with his dagger in boredom. He couldn't fall asleep.Feeling someone approach, Therion looks up, he's suprised to find Tressa standing there.

That jolly merchant was usually the first one to go to sleep. A nice suprise to say the least though.

" What do you want merchant girl? Can't you see I am busy not doing anything." He asks teasing her. She glares lightly at him.

" I just want a chat with my best buddy of course, why do you make it sound like I am being the rude one?" She whines crossing her arms, almost looking offended. Until she giggles.

Therion actually chuckles at that. What can he say? Tressa's got a way about her that makes him smile. Not like he would ever admit that embarrassing shit though....well who knows.

" Come and sit then, seeing you just stand there bothers me." He pats the spot beside him and Tressa swiftly sits down there. Thigh to thigh.

Nothing happens for awhile. They just kinda of sit there, looking at the stary night sky. The mountains truly gave the best vintage point to see those shiny spots.

Of course the silent wouldn't last though, Tressa would eventually pipe up, in just a second even Therion was su-

" Therion can I ask you something?" Here it is, Tressa does end up speaking, but her tone not as cheery as could be. Nervous more like.

Therion looks back at his friend, she's looking at him with those big open brown eyes and he knows he must look mushy and nice at that moment because she smiles at him. The star looked very dull in contrast to that pretty face.

" Sure but make it quick Tress" he replies trying to sound cold but she knows better.

Here goes nothing.

" I want to see your left eye"

Well that was easier to say then planned! Now she just wished Therion didn't look so terrified.…Tressa realizes this might be a touchy subject.

The thief stayed quiet after the request, he honestly could feel his heart twisting hearing Tressa ask that. Not that she'd have any malice behind her request. The girl was too nice for that.

But hell. He really dreaded this. And Tressa had to be the one to ask…but then again, would he trust anybody else with this?

" Therion?" She whispers concerned, setting her hand on his shoulder. It felt grounding. Tressa talks again anxious " Are you- hey I'm sorry for asking if it's too much- darn maybe I shouldn't have asked and-"

" Tressa you are panicking relax-"

" What?! You are the one who just froze up for like five minutes Therion! What's wrong?"

He considers replying. But showing the merchant would work best he concluded. He couldn't hide his shame forever. And he believed, if anybody, Tressa would be kind enough to not let it show she found it nasty.

Bringing his hair back, not slowly or quickly, he reveals his eye.

Tressa gasps. Her bright eyes going from happy to sad very very quickly. No good Therion thinks about to hide again but she stops him, her hand on top of his in seconds.

"Therion- what happend? Does it hurt? Oh man I swear I had no idea!" Tressa babbles out, clearly worried about Therion. So he does something about it.

He takes her other hand gently and holds it. Tressa stops talking. Looking down at their hands. A blush creeps up the tip of her ears. Shes flustered Therion thinks fondly, before he takes the opportunity to speak.

" Back when I was in the slums I wasn't a great thief like I am now- I was way too cocky and a guy tried to hurt…my accomplice let's say...and well after he caught us stealing I got this trying to protect my partners ass. It hurt so-much"

Therion didn't realize he got emotional on that one until he feels wet and salt on his lips. Fuck. Way to go Therion looking like so fucking weak…and…disfigured…and….why is Tressa holding his face? He didn't even feel her hand slip put of his.

Not that it's bad. Because hell- it makes him feel safe at her touch but….and now she's smiling at him.

" Therion that's so selfless, don't even think for a second this scar is like some…some disgusting thing! I can see how scared you are but trust me okay?"

Therion huffs quietly, but Tressa can see her words worked. He looks more at ease, he even leans into her touch. She wanted to give him a hug. He seemed to be in dire need of one. Poor Therion. He speaks again before she can act on it sadly.

" Tressa you are a giver"

"What? What do you mean Therion?"

He gives her an hesitant look, but the thief trusts his gut instinct, so he starts speaking again.

" Darius, my accomplice, he was a taker. But he used me and took and stole from me times again. My time, my money....And I gave him- all of it. And now I am riddled with scars because of that manipulating fuck."

Tressa gives his cheeks a gentle squeeze in comfort. He closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth her soft touch provides. It gives him all he needs to keep going.

" And you have just given me- so much Tressa. Laughs, banter…and I think…well for me at least…love." He admits, thinking it was maybe the right time to let the cat out of the bag.

And since he doesn't get slapped he decides to open his eyes.

Tressa's mouth hangs open in suprise. Had Therion just confessed to her? She could jump in joy- but no-one she had to reply to it first!

"Therion, I think you are a giver too." The merchant tells him in her usual You know, you gave a lot of anger, but most of the time….happy times and- oh- I love you too Therion!" And now she's crying! Ah man she didn't mean too but her heart was leading right now, not much she could do to stop it.

Therion, like she did earlier, puts his hands on her cheeks. She thinks he's going to talk but soon enough his cold lips are on her warm ones and she's happy she doesn't pass out.

It felt so nice. It was so giving, and so she gave back too.

Needless to say that they didn't sleep much that night...not because the shagged no, Tressa insisted she wanted to give all his scars a kiss.

'Maybe If I give those love too you won't hate them as much!' Was her optimistic reasoning. Honestly, how cute could the merchant get?

And so Therion gave in, a smile on his face and a fire in his heart. Therion felt blessed. He would make sure to give Tressa the same treatment when he can. He would give her everything he could.

( I just wanted to post it as soon as possible, I hope it isn't too bad! This was actually really fun to write. Of course since I am sure I missed many errors in this I will make sure to come back and correct it. Thank you for the request Dragonkeeper24!)