prologue

"Fuck me.." he mumbled quietly under his breath as a large, tattooed palm made it's move to slam snooze onto the alarm beside his bed. On most occasions, he would argue that the morning was his favorite part of the day, however after a night of getting wasted and dancing drunkenly, he'd call this day to be an exception. Although his head was throbbing and his stomach lurched, the curly haired man wasn't one to break out of routine. Gradually and achingly so, the young adult peeked his eyes open to be met with the sight of the just awakening sun, it's pretty shine peeking through his blinds as it spoke a soft morning. That allowed him to smile softly, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands and slowly he felt his initial mood alter.

There was no reason to be moody, he reassured himself quietly, that would only waste precious time that he had to spend during this beautiful day. Harry attempted to lift himself, unable to hold back the chuckle once he peered at the curled up creature lying peacefully on top of his legs. "C'mon, kitty," he murmured softly, hands coming to rest just near the small animals ears as the pretty girl's eyes opened. He watched as she yawned softly before perching her head up at his voice, and unable to refrain himself, he leaned forward and gave her a soft peck on the top of her head. "Daddy's gonna go for a jog, okay? Stay here and don't make a mess." he knew talking to her may seem insane to others but he could swear she understood him, especially with the way she leaned off his own body and began to rest once more on the king sized bed.

He only gave a soft sigh of relief, removing the silk sheets off his long legs and beginning to rise from the comfortable mattress. He wasn't the wealthiest, no, but made sure that he had items of a certain standard. He was raised to buy nice things, as it reflected how one may treat themselves and how one may view themselves; as he always made an effort to make sure he was buying objects and decorations that made him feel happy, made him feel as though his apartment was a home more than anything.

"I don't wanna do anything today," he gave a sarcastic chuckle, throwing his back onto the bed as he closed his eyes once more and groaned in exhaustion and discomfort-- this was why he didn't drink, he wasn't a light weight but more so never drank, so when he did he would decide to give up control for one night and go insane. Either way, his mind was driving him to get off the all-too comfortable sheets, urging him to get ready as he knew he would regret not going for the regular jog.

Exercise was something important to the man, extremely so actually, but it wasn't the complete reason for his persistent desire to go out and follow routine; he wouldn't dare admit the real reason, for the real reason was only revealed from deep within his conscious. No one really knew, and he was glad for that because he knew if his friends found out they'd probably steal the one calm thing he had in his life and turn it into turmoil. Harry's feet smacked the cool, almost black wood beneath his feet, finally rising to a stand as he checked the time from his phone on the bedside table.

6:27, it read and he smiled in delight-- he woke up just on time.

-

Panting with a light rhythm, the man felt his heart rate thump louder than it ever had as he approached the small, almost abandoned park near the corner of a street only a couple of blocks over from his building. It wasn't due to the running, no, rather due to excitement and nervousness all in one as the swings became evident in his line of sight.

And before his eyes, lit by the sun's radiant glow as well as the one the boy just naturally emitted, there was a smaller, youthful, blonde seated on the swing set. His legs were skinny, flexible and agile as they bent the more and higher he swung, the blue eyes sparkling even from afar and Harry almost shielded his own eyes because wow. There was something about him, something he couldn't pinpoint but it just drove one in and all Harry wanted to do was run to the nearest swing and sit beside him, and just watch for the rest of the morning.

But in all obviousness, he didn't. Rather, he maintained a steady gaze until the other's eyes landed on him, and shyly he offered a small smirk and wave before turning back and continuing to jog. From the corner of his eye, he could see the blonde begin to grin, offering a little wave before he focused back to his white converse as he swung back and forth.

It was only those little moments that Harry found himself eager to experience once more every single day, he just wanted to bask in the feeling the boy gave him; wanted to relish in the comfortable yet flustered state the sight of the other caused him to feel. His heart clenched though, because although Harry was good with words and was normally labelled as a player, he hadn't any clue how to pursue this-- and if it would even be worth it in the end, because won't the inevitable lead one of them to get hurt?

Shaking his head, he realized how deeply he truly wasn't ready for such a heartbreak, especially if it meant he couldn't ever see that smile again.

So, he'll stick with the little moments-- he likes the little things the best.

-

this book will break your heart and then heal it back together and then break it again.

that is all i have to say xx